NextEra Energy Electrical -Production Technician II in Blythe, California
Electrical -Production Technician II
Date:Apr 23, 2018
Primary Location:Blythe, CA, US, 92225
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 23858
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description The position will be supporting electrical maintenance at a solar thermal facility. While primarily supporting electrical maintenance, the position also requires qualifying Power Block Operator.
Power Block Operator – an auxiliary operator that supports the Control Room Operator in the safe and reliable operation of the steam plant. This includes the turbine generator and associated balance of plant systems (Heat Transfer Fluid system, steam system, feed and condensate systems etc.).
- Education in power plant operations and maintenance
- Electrical Skill set with experience in the following: switchgear operations, troubleshooting and repair of motor control centers, motor starters, HVAC units, VFDs, ability to read and interpret schematics, use of metering equipment, metal clad switchgear operations and repair including control circuit diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair of 24VDC control circuits, battery maintenance, and troubleshooting and repair of inverters. Job Overview Employees in this position perform power plant operations as well as maintenance on station equipment.
Job Duties & Responsibilities Under general supervision:
- Repairs and calibrates equipment
- Monitors equipment performance through testing
- Applies general electrical, mechanical, or I and C skills
Performs other job-related duties as assigned Required Qualifications
High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 2+ years
Valid Driver’s License (NON-CDL) Preferred Qualifications
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Technicians Organization: NextEra Operating Srvs Location: Blythe, California Other Work Locations: California Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748 (Option 1, Press 6) between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
#LI-AS1 Nearest Major Market:Riverside Nearest Secondary Market:Los Angeles Job Segment:Power Plant Operator, Power Plant, Energy