MDU Resources Group Construction Laborer - Grading (seasonal) in Bismarck, North Dakota
Construction Laborer - Grading (seasonal)
Company:Knife River - North Dakota Division
Hiring Manager:Bonni S Deede
Closing Date:08/31/2021at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type:Full-Time - Seasonal
To complete various laborer and small equipment operation tasks to produce quality grading projects.
North Dakota Flagging Certification
Acceptable interpersonal communication skills
Equipment maintenance & operation experience
5 years Grade checking and staking experience preferred
Ability to provide and maintain proper licensure, medical card and acceptable driving record
How To Apply
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to:3303 Rock Island Place, Bismarck, ND 58504.
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Safely perform labor/operation tasks including any of the following:
• Sets and reads grade stakes and measures distance from grade stakes, drive stakes & stretch tight line.
• Signals operators of construction equipment to facilitate alignment, movement and adjustment of machinery to conform to grade specifications.
• Levels earth using pick or shovel
• Raise manhole covers
• Performs flagging duties as needed.
• May operate small powered hand tools
• May operate small equipment including bobcat, tractor, or roller or move from one site to another.
• Safely and properly perform maintenance (lubricating, fueling and cleaning) and operate small equipment, such as bobcat, tractor, jackhammer, roller, pickup truck, air compressor, tractor/packer, steel drum or rubber tire roller
• Hook up and un hook small trailer to pick-up
• Fill sand bags
• Able to operate skidster for cleanup of materials
• Able to drive truck/skidster trailer combination to transport skidsters and other equipment and material from site to site
Communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written) and work with people under high stress situations. Self-motivated, team-player with good interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations & act courteous/respectful of others. Monitor and discuss production problems with co-workers and managers/supervisors.
Ensure MSHA, OSHA, safety and environmental regulation compliance.
Performs other duties as assigned.
This Employer Participates inE-Verify (PDF) (Downloads/EVerifyPoster.pdf) . Download PDF Application (PDF) (Downloads/KRC-60.pdf)
MDU Resources Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.