Spire Energy Intern, HR in Birmingham, Alabama
Apply now »
Date: Nov 16, 2023
Location: Birmingham, AL, US, 35203
Company: Spire Inc.
At Spire, we believe energy exists to help people. To enrich their lives, grow their businesses, advance their communities. It’s a simple idea, but one that’s at the heart of our business. We’re dedicated to understanding our customers’ needs and goals to better serve them today and tomorrow. That’s why we’re always looking for driven, collaborative people to join our team. Because we believe that offering our customers the best service means bringing together the best people.
And we find the best by hiring those who share our values of safety, inclusion and integrity, and demonstrate our four essential behaviors that bring the Spire culture to life:
• We make it happen: We are a company of go-getters, acting on every opportunity to help our company advance.
• We seek out perspective: We challenge ourselves to be open to different ways of doing things, because learning from each other leads to breakthroughs.
• We collaborate: We put teamwork first, bringing in everyone’s ideas, because our collective energy makes us stronger.
• We care: We treat people how we want to be treated, listening closely and doing what’s right, even when it’s hard
By living our values and behaviors every day, we strive to create an environment where every employee feels welcome, respected and valued.
Spire is seeking an enthusiastic, career minded student or recent graduate to join our operations across our regions. Our paid internship position affords students the opportunity to gain real-world experience to help put what they have learned in class into action. As an Intern, you may complete various projects and perform administrative duties while developing skills related to the assigned department and natural gas industry.
Duties and Responsibilities
Assist in program management for internal onboarding program, including facilitation
Manage the logistics for our Leading Spire Series, Spire’s frontline manager leadership program
Distribute and evaluate various assessment tests including DiSC, 5 Behaviors of a Cohesive Team, StrengthsFinder, etc.
Research developmental opportunities for Spire employees
Curate inspirational articles, videos, book reviews, and other developmental resources for Spire’s internal social media platform
Essential Characteristics and Competencies
• Strong Ethics and Integrity, Dedication to a Safe Work Environment, Commitment to a Diverse Workforce that recognizes and respects all individual’s unique skills and perspectives.
• We seek out perspective, We make it happen, We collaborate, We care.
• Must promote a positive team atmosphere.
Required Education (certifications, licenses)
• Must be an undergraduate rising junior, senior or graduate level student.
• Must be able to work 35- 40 hours per week throughout the summer internship.
• Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA.
• Microsoft Office proficiency required with most positions.
• Must participate in All Inclusive Onboarding and Project Poster Symposium
Required knowledge, skill and abilities
Physical demands, environment and schedule
• Open office space and/or field work (depending on position); Hybrid work hours (3 days in the office/2 days at home)
• We accept online applications through our career site at jobs.spireenergy.com
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Spire Inc., and its subsidiaries are an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Job Location: Birmingham Job Segment: Program Manager, Management
Apply now »
Find similar jobs: