Avangrid Plant Technician I - Renewables in Bickleton, Washington
Plant Technician I - Renewables
Company: PPM TECHNICAL SERVICES, I
Bickleton, WA, US
About AVANGRID: AVANGRID, Inc. (NYSE: AGR) aspires to be the leading sustainable energy company in the United States. Headquartered in Orange, CT with approximately $39 billion in assets and operations in 24 U.S. states, AVANGRID has two primary lines of business: Avangrid Networks and Avangrid Renewables. Avangrid Networks owns eight electric and natural gas utilities, serving more than 3.3 million customers in New York and New England. Avangrid Renewables owns and operates a portfolio of renewable energy generation facilities across the United States. AVANGRID employs approximately 7,000 people and has been recognized by Forbes and Just Capital as one of the 2021 JUST 100 companies - a list of America's best corporate citizens - and was ranked number one within the utility sector for its commitment to the environment and the communities it serves. The company supports the U.N.’s Sustainable Development Goals and was named among the World’s Most Ethical Companies in 2021 for the third consecutive year by the Ethisphere Institute. For more information, visit www.avangrid.com (https://www.avangrid.com/wps/portal/avangrid/home)
Avangrid Renewables is seeking to fill a Wind Plant Tech I or Wind Plant Tech II opening. (The company will determine Tech level based on experience and education) This position is responsible for the onsite operations, maintenance, repairs and replacement of equipment on a wind powered generation plant, and leads in all areas of plant operations as directed by the Plant Manager.
Responsibilities include: this position is responsible for the onsite operation, maintenance, repair and replacement of equipment on renewable energy generation plants, and is effective in all areas of plant operations as directed by the Plant Manager or Supervisor.
• Operate and maintain wind turbine and solar equipment along with associated infrastructure including substation, collection and transmission systems.
• Read schematics and proficiently troubleshoot complicated mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic problems with variable pitch, variable speed control systems and components.
• Perform mechanical and electrical component repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions following all manufacturers' requirements.
• Comply with all project environmental health and safety programs.
• Perform preventive maintenance in accordance with OEM maintenance manuals.
• Adhere to effective internal controls.
• Perform data collection and prepare reports to meet wind plant reporting requirements.
• Perform various retrofits and design modifications.
• Perform various QA/QC functions, compile and submit supporting documents of items found.
• If applicable, support Construction in the Mechanical and Commissioning walk-downs.
• Increase professional knowledge of turbine or solar equipment, including safety regulations.
• Willing to work overtime on holidays, weekends, and on short notice participating in an on-call schedule.
• Ability and willingness to travel to other sites on short notice. About 10-15% travel may be required
• Perform duties around low, medium and high voltage.
• Ability to work in extremely adverse weather conditions.
Skills and Requirements
• One year college or technical school certificate; or 12 months of related experience or wind industry training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Familiarity with maintenance and electronic testing equipment. (i.e. voltage testers, amp clamps, oscilloscopes, megohmmeters, infrared testers, hydraulic torque equipment, alignment and various hand and power tools).
• Advanced computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheets, email, facility control, management and reporting systems, including the use of computerized diagnostic and troubleshooting tools.
• Ability to climb towers up to 100 meters on a daily basis to perform maintenance in the nacelle and hub.
• Ability to frequently lift items weighing up to 60 pounds and occasionally lift items up to 100 pounds.
• Ability to work with electrical wires and differentiate between color coded wires.
• Ability to interpret and follow a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Knowledge of heavy equipment required for facility maintenance with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements.
• Demonstrated team work, initiative and positive attitude.
• Valid driver's license and acceptable driving record.
• Weight must not exceed 285lbs excluding equipment/gear worn when performing job related tasks.
• Experience in power plant operations and maintenance.
• Experience in wind and solar plant construction, operation and maintenance; including, specific experience in wind turbine and solar power converters and inverters.
• Experience in high voltage switching.
• Directly related experiences gained in fields that require a strong electrical and mechanical aptitude.
• Qualified candidates living in or near the greater local area.
Develop Self & Others
Empower to grow
Collaborate and Share
Be a role model
Focus to achieve results
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID’s employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link (https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or email@example.com