PSEG Principal Solutions Architect -IT Infrastructure in Bethpage, New York
Requisition : 75923
PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range : $ 90,800 - $ 149,800
Incentive : PIP 15%
Work Location Category : Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
This position is a direct report to the IT Product Leader. The Solution Architect is responsible for the design of technology solutions in support of core business functions by evaluating end user needs, client goals, budgets and existing applications to define system requirements and technical standards.
This position provides:
• Effective communication of IT activities, processes and solutions within the IT department
• Solution Architect for IT, ensuring project delivery exceeds customer needs and expectations
• Strategic communication which drives IT & Business adoption and usage of technology resulting in increased benefit realization, value creation, and the achievement of ROI.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for developing solution architecture framework to support product solutions for core business functions, ensuring alignment with other products as well as the overall IT enterprise.
• Provide leadership, oversight and guidance on application design and development, serving as an expert on technical capabilities. Provide vision; define system and application architecture, problem anticipation and problem solving ability across the landscape.
• Align and support with strategic direction of broader IT organization. Provide insight to the strategic vision/plans/roadmap and identify key innovative technologies and product enhancements that improves customer experience and simplify current landscape.
• Partner with Project Managers, Solutions Architects, the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO), System Integrators and Product Vendors to help develop Business Requirements Documents and Requirements Traceability Matrices aligned with IT Infrastructure requirements.
• Facilitate and coordinate external benchmarking/best practice efforts and relationships with other business organizations
• Provide specific contributions as directed by Product Leader
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business or a related field and a minimum of 6 years relevant experience within the information technology field or an industry with reliance on technical expertise
• Must possess demonstrated leadership skills
• 4+ years solution architecture experience with proven experience designing solutions for core business functions
• 4 + years of experience with designing software & hardware solutions used in large enterprises
• Proven experience with supporting large sized projects addressing issues & concerns to ensure project meet IT & business goals
• Strong experience with aligning project solutions to overall corporate enterprise architecture
• Experience in a team lead role through projects and other work planning experiences
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to learn about new operational technologies and solutions. Develop solution options to address technical issues and satisfy business requirements.
• Ability to proactively communicate technical topics in a clear, succinct, and relevant way.
• Demonstrated ability to perform assigned work proficiently
• Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with external constituent groups and customers
• Advanced degree, e.g. Masters of Information Technology
• Strong understanding of VMware, AWS, Citrix, Cisco UCS systems, Oracle Exadata, Dell Storage Technologies
• In-depth understanding of cloud computing concepts, architecture, and services
• Thorough understanding of IT methodologies and IT/Business processes
• Thorough understanding of IT methodologies and IT/Business processes
• Relevant certifications such as VMware Certified Professional (VCP), Nutanix Certified Professional (NCP), AWS Certified Solutions Architect, or Azure certifications are highly desirable.
• Proactively identify key features, capabilities and areas of improvements needed within the products
• Excellent teamwork, facilitation, relationship building, and negotiation skills.
Minimum Years of Experience
6 years of experience
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
As an employee of PSEG you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
PSEG’s drug and alcohol testing program includes pre-employment testing, testing for cause, and post-incident/accident testing. For employees in federally regulated roles (including positions covered by USDOT, PHMSA, or NRC regulations), this also includes random testing. All drug and alcohol testing for federally regulated roles is inclusive of marijuana. Employees who transfer into a federally regulated role are subject to drug and alcohol testing, inclusive of marijuana.
PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through sharepoint.pseg.com (https://sharepoint.pseg.com/Pages/Home.aspx) by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers. This site ( https://jobs.pseg.com/ ) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees, with the exception of PSEG employees who do not have company email addresses.
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call 973-430-3845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email email@example.com . Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
ADDITIONAL EEO/AA INFORMATION (Click link below)
Know your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088_EEOC_KnowYourRights_10_20.pdf)
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Diversity at PSEG: Equal Opportunity Employer
PSEG is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. PSEG's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
PSEG is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
- PSEG Jobs