PSEG Principal Business Systems Analyst -Transmission & Distribution in Bethpage, New York
Requisition : 73956
PSEG Company: PSEG Long Island
Salary Range : $ 89,400 - $ 169,900
Incentive : PIP 15%
Work Location Category : Remote Local
PSEG operates under a Flexible Work Model where flexible work is offered when job requirements allow. In support of this model, roles have been categorized into one of four work location categories: onsite roles, hybrid roles that are a blend of onsite and remote work, remote local roles that are primarily home-based but require some level of purpose-driven in-person interaction and living within a commutable distance, and remote non-local roles that can be effectively performed remotely with the ability to work in approved states.
PSEG offers a unique experience to our more than 12,000 employees – we provide the resources and opportunities for career development that come with being a Fortune 500 company, as well as the attention, camaraderie and care for one another you might typically associate with a small business. Our focus on combatting climate change through clean energy technology, our new net zero climate vision for 2030 and enhanced commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion; and supporting the communities we serve make this a particularly exciting time to join PSEG.
The Principal Business Systems Analyst – Operational Technologies (BSA-OT) position is a direct report to the Technology Group Product Manager (GPM). The Principal BSA - OT is responsible for OT systems and how they align with Transmission and Distribution (T&D) user needs. The Principal BAS-OT documents requirements, establishes scope, establishes objectives and determines strategy for implementing OT systems to achieve business goals including: gathering and prioritizing customer requirements and working closely with T&D business functions to ensure customer satisfaction goals are met. The Principal BSA-OT partners with T&D business functions to understand operations, reliability, business continuity and safety requirements and align them with IT and OT functional and non-functional business requirements.
• Own functional specifications and serve as a functional expert with a deep understanding of T&D/OT business needs regarding product/system capabilities to develop business requirements, perform quality assurance and define reporting and alerting requirements.
• Own and develop day-to-day relationship with partners, working with them to optimize and enhance integration as well as establish a deep understanding of the T&D customers’ business and functional needs.
• Provide product expertise in regards to functional needs and processes.
• Perform as a key member of project teams to ensure customer needs are met throughout the planning, design, integration, testing and production acceptance stages of projects.
• Partner with Project Managers, Solutions Architects, the Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO), System Integrators and Product Vendors to help develop Business Requirements Documents and Requirements Traceability Matrices aligned with T&D customer needs.
• Align and support with strategic direction of broader IT and CSRC organization. Contribute to the strategic vision/plans and identify product enhancements that improve customer experience and simplify current landscape.
• Work with Product Vendors, Subject Matter Experts (SME), T&D partners, IT partners, external partners and consultants to maintain abreast of new operational technologies that can improve, automate, and transform T&D business processes.
• Facilitate and coordinate external benchmarking/best practice efforts and relationships with other business organizations.
• Assist the GPM and T&D customers to develop business cases, roadmaps and cost-benefit analysis of new operational technologies.
• Assist the GPM in developing the T&D product portfolio.
• Provide specific contributions as directed by the GPM.
Job Specific Qualifications
Required Qualifications :
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience within the information technology field.
• Must demonstrate strong leadership skills.
• 6+ years business analysis experience supporting multiple, large sized, complex projects by documenting requirements, establishing scope, establishing objectives and determining strategy for implementing systems to achieve business goals.
• 4+ years proven experience working in a team lead role with project teams, liaising with internal customers to ensure the schedule and implementation plans are aligned with customer business processes, workforce planning, and budgeting.
• 2+ years proven experience developing testing strategies for large complex projects
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment to learn about new operational technologies and solutions. Develop solution options to address technical issues and satisfy business requirements.
• Work and effectively communicate with a wide range of people – peers, vendors, staff members, leadership, and others.
• Ability to proactively communicate technical topics in a clear, succinct, and relevant way.
• Advanced degree, e.g. Masters of Information Technology
• Experience with Operational Technologies and/or Utilities
• Thorough understanding of IT methodologies and IT/Business processes
• Knowledge of cybersecurity concepts, tools, and monitoring for threats and vulnerabilities
• Excellent teamwork, facilitation, relationship building, and negotiation skills
• Proactively identify key features, capabilities and areas of improvements needed within the products
Minimum Years of Experience
6 years of experience
Bachelors in Computer Science
Bachelor in Computer Engineering
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Candidates must foster an inclusive work environment and respect all aspects of diversity. Successful candidates must demonstrate and value differences in others' strengths, perspectives, approaches, and personal choices.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG LI, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to 10 CFR Part 810 controlled information. If the position does require access to this information, the Talent Acquisition representative will provide further details upon making an offer.
PSEG is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legally protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics include race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through emPower which can be accessed through sharepoint.pseg.com by clicking on the emPower icon, then selecting careers.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
PSEG is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance applying for a position, please call 973-430-3845 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job, email email@example.com . Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
ADDITIONAL EEO/AA INFORMATION (Click link below)
Know your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal (https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-10/22-088_EEOC_KnowYourRights_10_20.pdf)
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Diversity at PSEG: Equal Opportunity Employer
PSEG is an equal employment opportunity employer and makes employment decisions, including but not limited to, hiring, firing, promotion, demotion, training, and/or compensation, on the basis of merit. Employment decisions are based on an individual’s qualifications as they relate to the job under consideration. PSEG's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions, the actual sex of the individual, or the gender identity or gender expression), race, color, religion, including religious dress practices and religious grooming practices, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status, familial status, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected veteran or military status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws, ordinances, or regulations.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
PSEG is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company, including supervisors and co-workers.
- PSEG Jobs