Eversource Energy Vice President, Talent, Culture & Diversity, Equity & Inclusion in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)The Vice President, Talent, Culture & Diversity, Equity & Inclusion has primary responsibility for planning, developing, directing, and implementing the human capital, culture, engagement, and diversity, equity, and inclusion strategy for Eversource Energy. They will set the direction for and lead all enterprise-wide talent, culture, engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion activities that enable the achievement of business objectives. This includes the planning, design, development and implementation of strategies and programs relating to talent acquisition, talent development, talent management and succession planning, high potential development, employee engagement, diversity, equity and inclusion, leadership development, foundational and technology training, and organizational change management for technology implementations at Eversource. Works directly with the Executive Team to identify approaches and behaviors necessary for developing culture and driving change toward building a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and engaged workplace that safely delivers great service to customers. Provides consulting expertise and strategic thinking to the leadership regarding human capital trends, analytics, and issues as well as leadership, talent, diversity, equity and inclusion and culture and engagement strategies that support short and long range business goals. Plans, directs, and manages Talent, Culture and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Department’s strategic, business, and financial plans.
- Plans, directs, and collaborates with the Executive Team to assess organization culture and employee engagement and identify and implement strategies and initiatives that support Eversource’s business objectives and the organization’s vision, mission, and values. This includes culture assessment, employee engagement initiatives, leadership development programs, talent acquisition, talent management and succession planning, diversity, equity and inclusion strategy and initiatives, foundational business education, enterprise technology training and information technology organizational change management.
- Responsible for the overall talent acquisition process to plan for and acquire diverse, capable talent in a timely, efficient, cost effective manner. Ensures compliance with applicable federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Ensures appropriate and value added partnerships with schools, colleges, universities, organizations, and associations to build diverse, capable talent pipelines for Eversource.
- Responsible for the leadership and direction of Eversource’s corporate diversity, equity and inclusion strategic plan and initiatives, including the activities of the Diversity Council, Business Resource Groups, and the Racial Equity Taskforce. Ensures that DE&I strategies and initiatives align with Eversource’s and HR’s business objectives. Also works to incorporate diversity, equity and inclusion concepts into the design and delivery of HR initiatives as appropriate.
- Oversees the design, development and implementation of processes and programs that ensure the continuity of diverse, capable talent across the organization (i.e., talent and succession management, leadership development, key talent/high potential development and retention, and development of talent pipelines).
- Collaborates with the HR team and ensures alignment, integration, coordination, and implementation of the HR Plan with the Eversource business plan. This includes the Human Resources Business Partners, Employee & Labor Relations, Benefits, HR Shared Services, and Compensation areas.
- Partners with the HR Business Partners on delivering talent management, leadership development, culture and engagement, diversity, equity and inclusion, workforce planning, and performance management plans and initiatives to the organization.
- Partners with field Craft & Compliance training teams on the development of programs to attract, develop and retain a diverse, capable, front line workforce.
- Oversees the prioritization, development, scheduling, delivery, and evaluation of systems training and related change management activities to support new and existing systems, consistent with business needs and priorities. Ensures learning strategies and solutions are intended to close performance gaps and are connected to measurable performance improvements.
- Oversees the planning, development and ongoing management of the Talent, Culture & DEI area plans and budget.
- Collaborates with key leadership partners across the business on talent acquisition, communications, DE&I strategy, surveys, and reporting on Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) related topics and issues.
- Monitors external and internal human capital trends and key performance indicators and leverages data for insights, consulting, and action planning related to talent acquisition, development, retention, culture, engagement, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Responsible for employment and diversity-related compliance reporting.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires working knowledge of talent management, culture and employee engagement strategies, leadership and training and development approaches. Requires ability to assess trends, analyze data, draw conclusions, and create plans for improvement and/or to close gaps. Requires ability to operate in a consultative role at the executive level. Requires excellent written and oral communications, presentation, and facilitation skills. Requires ability to build relationships and interact with all levels of the organization. Requires ability to work well under pressure and deliver practical results in a fast-paced environment. Requires ability to translate broad concepts into actions that are relevant, realistic, and meet business needs. Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and self-service technology.
Education: Requires a bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources or related discipline or equivalent experience. Advanced degree in Business preferred.
Experience: Minimum of fifteen (15) years of increasing responsibility in leading functions that have specialized in change management, diversity, equity, and inclusion, leadership development, training, talent acquisition, talent development and retention. Experience working with all levels of an organization, including Senior Management, in devising and implementing integrated organization change strategies.
Licenses & Certifications: None
Work is performed primarily in an office environment, which requires sitting, standing and climbing stairs. Job also requires frequent driving and traveling to locations in states throughout the Company’s service territory.
Work includes analyzing, consulting, designing, developing, implementing, presenting, facilitating, leading, and coordinating. This role works in an environment that interacts with all levels and functions across the organization and often requires attention to detail and hands-on performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines are tight, and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results. Must be adept at working effectively with all position levels in the organization.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs