Eversource Energy Test Technician in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
JOB DESCRIPTIONS FOR FIELD COMMUNICATIONS – CT & WMA
Telecommunication Services Group
Individual works independently or as a member of a team, on technical assignments associated with the acceptance testing, maintenance, or repair of Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) terminals, digital microwave terminals and systems, mobile VSAT and portable satellite communication systems, TDM Digital Access Cross-connect systems, Frame Relay Access Devices (FRADs), TDM Multiplexers and channel banks, MPLS switches, carrier ethernet, fiber optic test and splicing equipment, point to multipoint SCADA communications, monitoring and alarm systems, Telecom-based RFI investigations, personal computers and peripheral hardware, and various electronic systems, components, and devices. Individual is also responsible for compliance and maintenance of Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) systems and must maintain annual CIP certification.Applicants must successfully pass the TECH test.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and returns to service equipment and systems listed in the preceding paragraph. Performs acceptance, installation, or post-installation tests on new or newly installed equipment in above categories; verifies correct operation of new electronic devices or systems.
- Reads and interprets engineering drawings, manufacturer documentation, schematic, wiring, logic, and interconnection diagrams.
- Makes reports, drawings, sketches, logs, and other up-to-date records of work performed; corrects engineering drawings to reflect field changes.
- Obtains clearance or permission, if required, from appropriate dispatching agency in order to perform work on critical operating equipment or electronic systems.
- Operates a variety of electrical and electronic instruments in tests and calibrations, such as voltmeters, ammeters, oscilloscopes, transmission test sets, frequency counters, spectrum analyzers, communications service monitors, multi-meters, optical and copper-base time-domain reflectometers, etc.
- Analyzes telecommunication problems on systems which use leased or internal communication circuits; reports and explains details of problems to the carrier or internal personnel; returns equipment to service following repair.
- Must be able to work in a safe and responsible manner under diverse working condition.
- Respond to and support storm duty and emergency restoration assignments.
- Must be able to work in kneeling and bending positions, cramped spaces, climb stairs and ladders and be able to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- Must possess and maintain a valid motor vehicle driver’s license.
Please include a resume along with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs