Eversource Energy Test Specialist B (Central Maintenance System /Site Maintenance Tech) in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Role and Scope of Position:
This is an intermediate level position that works within the Central Maintenance Services department. This position requires a good understanding of applicable electronic systems and operating platforms. Handles technical assignments associated with acceptance testing, maintenance, and/or repair of various communications systems. This includes various communications platforms, process computers, peripheral hardware and various electronic components and devices. Responsible for compliance and maintenance of Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) systems.
- Tests, troubleshoots, and maintains primary and backup battery electrical systems
- Interprets test results to detect developing trends that may lead to system failures.
- Calibrates, adjusts, and modifies performance characteristics of equipment to comply with regulatory and/or operation requirements.
- Inputs test results into computer databases and closes work orders after performing field testing.
- Analyzes collected data to verify that battery systems are in compliance with manufactures specifications and agency requirements.
- Addresses maintenance related items at remote telecommunication sites, including basic maintenance of HVAC systems, batteries, chargers, etc.
- Interprets electronic and electrical drawings for general telecommunication site repairs
- Has basic mechanical aptitude for addressing structural maintenance items, including, but not limited to installing window air conditioners or other basic items needing replacement or repair.
- Inspects and resets generators and transfer switches when needed
- Contacts vendors and works with them to address and solve major equipment malfunctions.
- May test cathodic protection systems and perform associated corrosion inspection of transmission, gas, telecom, and garage facilities after proper training.
- Employee must be physically able to walk/hike up to ½ mile, carrying backpack or tool pouch.
- Able to lift 50 lbs
- On the job training and/or formal training classes will be provided to the selected candidate.
Must work on-call during emergency restoration efforts as required.
- Working knowledge of electrical and electronic components, circuitry, and systems.
- Ability to use computer-based technology with various types of operating systems (MS office and others).
- Skill and manual dexterity in making repairs, adjustments, and modifications to equipment
- Basic knowledge of testing electrical equipment using voltmeter/ digital multimeter.
- Basic skill in using common hand tools.
- Ability to communicate technical information effectively, in both verbal and written form
Associates Degree in electric engineering; electrical technology or equivalent.
3 to 6+ years of related experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Critical Infrastructure Protection certification must be maintained annually;
- Must maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner.
Please attach a resume when completing an on line application
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs