Eversource Energy Test Automation Engineer in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource Energy is looking for a seasoned Test Automation Engineer where you will bring your technical experience, problem solving skills and leadership to help advance and scale Enterprise Quality Engineering practices. You will be responsible for supporting our Test Automation related strategic strategic vision, Test approaches, processes, frameworks, and tools for Quality & Testing Center of Excellence.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partners with Quality Engineering leadership and broader team to develop, deploy and advocate Test Automation standards and procedures, Processes, Frameworks, and best practices across the Enterprise through a community of practice
- Drives a Shift Left approach with right level of test automation across all layers (UI, API, Data)
- Assists with driving organizational maturity towards Agile and DevOps Testing practices
- Participate in product design reviews, works with Architecture and development team to improve system testability and overall quality
- Evaluates and implement internal solutions (libraries, tools, automation infrastructure, Test environment, Test data)
- Helps foster and pivot towards our vision to drive quality across all product lines and ecosystems.
- Coordinates and oversees special quality initiatives in partnership with IT PMO, Architecture Teams and business and technical partners to assure a fully integrated software delivery approach.
- Provides thought Quality leadership and oversight as needed.
- Focuses on continuous improvement.
- Engages onsite and offshore resources to provide necessary support.
Experience and Skillsets
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant Test Automation experience in Technology implementing frameworks, processes, and Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) practices
- Demonstrated experience with modern Test Management Tools, Hands-On Test automation (TOSCA preferred, Cypress, Selenium) and broad array of DevOps Tools (AzureDevOps, JIRA, GitHub, Ansible)
- Solid understanding of the Software Testing Life Cycle and Software Testing methodologies
- Experience with Performance Testing, Test Data and Test Environment management
- Agile experience (Scaled Agile or QA Chapter Leader experience a big plus)
- Experience driving Testing Methodologies, Testing standards, governance, and best practices.
- Relevant experience with Cloud (AWS or Azure), Containers, Dockers, and Service Virtualization
- Prior experience with TDD/BDD is nice to have
- Prior experience with SAP (Customer Information System) related Test Automation great to have
- Familiarity with Data Analytics and SaaS Solutions
- Industry recognized QA and/or testing certification is a plus.
- Problem Solver, Team Player, and a leader
- Utility Space experience a plus
- Works well under pressure as the role requires juggling multiple priorities and parallel initiatives
Bachelor’s Degree in STEM Program from an accredited College/University
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs