Eversource Energy Technician B, Electric Service Support Center (SW) in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
This position works as part of the Electric Service Support Center team responsible for the high volume of incoming calls and correspondence from its customers; with quality, timeliness, and efficiency.
Customer requests may include but are not limited to new installs, upgrades, and removal of electric service; for both residential and commercial customers.
Individual will receive and process incoming customer requests for service over the telephone, web, email, and facsimile, and will ensure all work requests are in usable form; i.e., complete customer information, contractor information, work request primary point(s) of contact, and description of work).
Interpreting and implementing numerous policies and procedures and providing superior customer service is a must to meet the job requirements.
- Obtains information relevant to the design and construction of the service request and responding to questions from the customer; including but not limited to technical requirements for electric service connections, schedule dates, inspection requirements, and licensing and easement requirements.
- Serves as the primary point of contact and advocate for the customer, contractor, and/or municipal official(s).
- Provides applicable upfront cost estimates.
- Processes electrical inspections, prepayments, and contributions in aid of construction from its customers.
- Handles certain non-design job types; from customer initiation to completion.
- Interacts with Eversource employees across the organization; including but not limited to Engineering, Electric Operations, Customer Billing Services, and Remittance Services.
- Supports Engineering, Electric Operations and other areas as necessary with updating work requests with field notes, customer appointments, and work request progress.
- Works an emergency storm assignment as required.
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks requiring initiative, sound judgment, organization, and prioritization is required.
- Computer experience including Microsoft Word and Excel is required.
- Knowledge of the National Electric Safety Code is preferred.
- Utility and/or electrical experience is preferred.
- Electrical License; Journeyman or Master Electrician is desired.
- Storms Work Management System (including i-Scheduler) experience is desired.
- C2 experience is desired.
- Applicants will be required to successfully pass the Technician aptitude test.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
- Must be team oriented
- Associate degree in electrical technology or equivalent experience
- Two (2) years of related electric distribution experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Individual must hold a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Approved By: ________________________________ Date:________________________________
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs