Eversource Energy Team Leader, Plant Accounting in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
The Team Leader, Finance oversees aspects of the accounting function for Eversource.
- Responsible for effectively developing and monitoring direct reports (2+ FTE’s). Guides direct reports when challenging situations are encountered and helps them to be successful. Develops capability across team, ensures appropriate training and cross-training, resources and support for the team; provides direction and oversight to other team members.
- Promotes and encourages a positive, professional, collaborative and efficient work environment in which open communication is encouraged.
- Responsible for the technical fixed asset accounting areas (depreciation, asset retirement obligations, AFUDC, etc.), management of the monthly fixed asset financial closing, lease accounting and other related fixed asset accounting activities.
- Provides related accounting support and leads various accounting projects.
- Collaborates effectively with several key business areas.
- Manages critical path schedules to ensure deadlines are met. Sets direction of the work group by developing actionable plans with staff to achieve the established goals, objectives and timelines. Oversees work organization and planning; provides clear communication regarding day-to-day work and/or project assignments; and ensures the efficient use of resources.
- Ensures projects undertaken are in accordance with overall Finance, Accounting and Eversource goals and objectives.
- Administers approved Company policies and procedures as they relate to Finance functions.
- Develops and implements procedures related to Finance and Accounting activities.
- Assists with the development of and administration of the department’s operating budget.
- Develops analysis individually and oversees analysis prepared by others, including the positions’ direct report(s), that will support the findings in an ethical manner. Analysis will include accounting practices and financial principles used in general industry, as well as those unique to utilities. Work products must be able to withstand challenges from opposing parties.
- Provides financial support and consultation to Business Managers in their assessment of complex strategic initiatives and the financial implications of corporate and budgeting decisions on company profitability.
- Strong knowledge of finance, utility accounting and regulation
- Experience in regulatory financial concepts such as revenue requirements and rate making theory is desirable.
- Financial modeling experience is desirable
- Possess the aptitude to draw sound business conclusions, act decisively and drive business results.
- Ability to effectively direct multiple and competing priorities
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic mindset; ability to see the big picture and provide effective direction
- Focus on innovation; continually and consistently challenge the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Master’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of related experience required
Licenses & Certifications:
- CPA or industry specific designation(s) preferred
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs