Eversource Energy System Operations Trainer- Distribution in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Develops, conducts and implements distribution System Operations Training for CT and WMA.
Training includes both classroom and on-the-job training and incorporates both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods.
Role and Scope of Position:
- Develops, conducts and implements distribution System Operations Training for CT, MA and NH. Training includes both classroom and on-the-job training and incorporates both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods.
- Performs analysis, design, development, implementation and evaluation in the context of System Operations Training in CT, MA and NH.
- Conducts System Operator Training program activities consistent with the Systematic Approach to Training, adult learning principles and training program policies and procedures.
- Responsible for incorporating simulation into System Operations Training in CT, MA and NH.
- Receives and evaluates training requests and presents to System Operations Training management.
- Evaluates procedures, practices and regulatory changes and modifies System Operations Training materials as required.
- Effectively implements training programs and field quality audit programs
- Evaluates and recommends vendor provided training content and services.
- Represents System Operations Training at meetings, on committees and at conferences.
- Assists operations management in the coordination of response to system emergencies and participates in event review teams and incident analyses as requested by operations management.
Technical Knowledge / Skill/ Education / Licenses / Certifications:
Technical Knowledge / Skill:
- Knowledge of electric distribution system operations.
- Knowledge of functions of the various components that make up the Eversource electric distribution system.
- Thorough knowledge of electric system switching and tagging procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of distribution SCADA, Outage Management System (OMS) and other distribution operations support applications.
- Knowledge of the Systematic Approach to Training.
- Knowledge of instructional design and adult learning principles.
- Familiarity with learning management systems.
- Proficient with classroom and online presentation technologies.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematic diagrams.
- Communicate and work effectively with personnel at various levels within Eversource and external parties.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
- Eight (8) years of related experience in electric power distribution, transmission or generation.
- Four (4) years of experience as a System Operator preferred.
- One (1) year of experience as a trainer in a formalized training program preferred.
On call storm duty as needed.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs