Eversource Energy Supervisor, Technical Training – Electric Operations/Underground in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
This position develops and conducts technical training programs to ensure the safe and effective performance of the Electric Operations, Gas Operations and Meter Technical employees. Training includes both classroom and on-the-job training and would incorporate both conceptual and hands-on instructional methods. Responsibilities would also include participation in testing and evaluation of new tools, materials, and equipment, the ongoing revision and maintenance of standards and procedures, conducting of quality assurance audits and supervision evaluation and certification of field employees.
In addition to the above, responsibilities include:
- Serving as the local technical lead or coach for other supervisors
- Developing and coaching other supervisors in various aspects of their role
- Driving innovation and change in business processes
E ssential Functions:
- Works with field personnel and supervisors to analyze job tasks and current field performance to determine training needs and program content.
- Effectively implements training programs and field quality audit programs.
- Supervises, directs and instructs trainees during classroom, hands-on and on-the-job training assignments.
- Evaluates performance during training and follows up on students learning through field visits, observations and refresher training.
- Provides updates and incorporates new procedures and revisions into training programs and reviews work with vendors, technical experts, engineers, field personnel to provide operational input into the selection and operation on new equipment and development of new construction standards.
- Requires knowledge of utility transmission and distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes.
- Excellent communication skills, ability to present theory and concepts, as well as hands-on technical instruction with clarity, confidence and enthusiasm.
- Requires leadership and coaching abilities.
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word & Excel).
- Working knowledge of labor contracts.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related discipline or the equivalent experience is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience in Transmission, Distribution and/or Field Service design and/or installation and servicing customers is required. Supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- A valid Motor Vehicle Operator's license is required; D.O.T. is preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs