Eversource Energy Supervisor-System Operations Center in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
The Supervisor’s role is multifaceted with responsibilities including work process and systems coordination, direct supervision of systems, distribution work activities, performance measurement, coaching, mentoring and various administrative duties. This position supervises control center staff who maintain systems integrity and initiate corrective action, prioritize and expedite network operations and repairs, prepare electrical system clearances and accurately maintain records, and ensures that work is conducted in a safe manner in accordance with policies, work methods, standards, switching and tagging and operating procedures.
- Manages performance by reviewing and evaluating work of employees. Identifies, builds consensus and communicates performance measures and expected performance levels. Assesses and improves team and employee performance through coaching and on-the-job training. Advises dispatch personnel of new equipment, technology and functionality.
- Fosters an environment of teamwork, creativity and problem solving. Shares information and encourages participation in the decision-making process. Removes obstacles through communication with other areas.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory and company work rules and procedures. Understands and complies with the labor contract and works to resolve initial grievances. Initiates appropriate disciplinary action when required.
Interacts with internal and external customers to meet service and information needs and resolve complaints. Working in conjunction with the call center and field personnel is accountable for managing customer commitments through outbound communication of information. Coordinates notification of reportable incidents to internal and external customers and stakeholders as appropriate.
Collaborates with field personnel to problem solve and develop effective response plans to outage situations. Evaluates restoration alternatives and determines the optimum plan to restore the system and provide status information to customers. Calls crews to address field problems and directs field forces in restoration, maintenance and electrical clearance activities.
- Supervises load control and switching and tagging responsibilities of the shift. Coordinates switching operations for area generating facilities. Coordinates planned work across the processes to fulfill related service level agreements, achieve company objectives and obtain an appropriate work distribution.
- Analyzes requests for system element outages and assesses risk to determine whether the outage will affect customer service and/or the systems integrity.
- Identifies, develops and implements work process and practices improvements.
- Maintains awareness of weather conditions that could adversely affect Eversource operations and disseminates this information to appropriate locations and modifies operating plans as required.
- Prepares and distributes information regarding customer service, system conditions and historical situations to internal and external customer and stakeholders.
- Directs the work planning process including preparation and prioritization of work plans and schedules, resource and materials requirements and forecasts and coordination with other processes for optimal resource utilization.
- Knowledge of utility Transmission and Distribution system design, operations, maintenance, and construction principles and practices, safety standards and business processes
- Planning and organizational skills, project and schedule management skills including computerized trouble, work and materials management and scheduling tools
- Ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Working knowledge of labor contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business administration, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of related experience is required. Experience in Dispatch, Transmission, Distribution, Generation and/or Field Service design and/or installation, servicing customers and change management to improve service/performance.
- Previous experience is a supervisory role preferred
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in a Control Center which requires sitting, walking, standing, stair climbing, completion of paperwork, using a telephone, communication equipment and computer and attending meetings.
- Subject to rotating shift work including weekends and nights.
- At times, requires working long hours in response to outage situations and shift coverage requirements.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes analyzing system operating conditions, interpreting system data and implementing corrective action.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
- Coordinates emergency response activities that could last for extended periods.
- Must be able to clearly articulate job-related information to employees and to effectively address performance issues in a constructive manner.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your applic
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs