Eversource Energy Supervisor Network Operations in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
IT Network Operation Supervisor – Networking is responsible for leading the planning, design, development, implementation, operation and support of information technology-based systems centered around the Network Engineering discipline. Individuals are responsible for ensuring that Eversource is receiving maximum business value from its investments in information technology discipline they are responsible for. Individuals will manage various technology portfolios to ensure that Eversource is utilizing the right mix of products and services to meet current and anticipated business requirements. Meeting this objective will require continual monitoring of the cost and performance of existing products and services, scanning the technology horizon for new alternatives, meeting with other IT and business management to understand current and emerging business needs, performing technical and business analysis on the various technology options, defining the portfolio of technologies, products and services, and communicating these result to IT and the business. Individuals will develop technology deployment plans to ensure that technology portfolios are expanded, upgraded and enhanced to meet changing business requirements. This objective will require meeting with IT managers and developers to understand projected new systems capability and translating these systems capability projections into technology requirements, developing overall program plans, schedules and budgets for expanding, upgrading and enhancing Eversource’s technology infrastructure, and providing information to managers and developers on existing and potential future IT capability to ensure that Eversource is leveraging its investments. Individuals will be responsible for managing various processes to ensure that they are being performed effectively on an on-going basis. Individuals will manage technical staff to ensure that Eversource has the human resources in place to plan, design, deliver, operate and support its technology-based systems. Meeting this objective will require reviewing and analyzing Eversource’s current and projected technology systems and projects to determine staffing requirements, developing and executing recruiting and training programs to meet anticipated requirements, and providing overall leadership to technical staff - developing, advising, teaching, and mentoring, providing career guidance and professional development counseling, and providing feedback on overall performance.
Specifically, individuals in this position are responsible for:
- Managing the Operational and Corporate networks.
- Forecasting future technology requirements based on analyses of technology trends and business requirements, and developing a technical vision that supports Eversource’s business strategy
- Performing cost/benefit analyses of potential technology solutions
- Developing long range plans for managing and deploying technology
- Developing plans, budgets and schedules for technology deployment projects
- Managing technology deployment projects to ensure that the delivery is on-time, within budget and meets client business change requirements
- Developing and implementing processes, including defining measurable goals, standards and other process measures
- Developing operational level agreements with clients, and managing overall technology and human resource performance to meet these agreements
- Managing on-going technology operations and processes to ensure high quality, cost effective services
- Managing operations and technical support personnel, and develop an effective, motivated organization
- Managing relationships with vendors to ensure that the services provided are high quality and cost effective
- Providing business and technical consultation to management, users and staff
- Developing and monitoring capital budgets
Baccalaureate degree or the equivalent.
15 years working as a Network LAN/WAN Analyst or equivalent.
Expert understanding of network management technologies.
Experience with change management for leading network operational changes.
Experience using Eversource’s NERC/CIP network policies and procedures.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor