Eversource Energy Supervisor, Field Communications in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.7 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Provides leadership for all field aspects of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) , Data Concentrators at substations, telemetering equipment, substation communication gateways and Human/Machine Interfaces (HMIs) for T&D assets across Eversource. Provides technical expertise and support to T&D Control Centers, Construction, Test & Maintenance groups, and all Engineering groups. Responsible for cyber security compliance and maintains conformance to all applicable standards for new and existing equipment installation and maintenance. Actively promotes and enforces a safety-first work environment and positive safety culture. Engages and motivates employees to deliver the best possible customer experience.
- Ensures the safe and prompt installation, maintenance, and technical support of critical SCADA hardware and various electronic systems, components, and devices.
- Monitors key performance indicators, identifies trends, and takes appropriate actions within his/her jurisdiction.
- Sets clear expectations and provides ongoing feedback to employees regarding their performance. Effectively addresses performance issues. Conducts comprehensive performance reviews (per applicable bargaining unit contract).
- Responsible for the proper application of local union contracts and agreements. Works with managers and employees to resolve grievances and concerns in a timely and complete manner.
- Directs safety awareness and compliance initiatives within the group, and monitors safety performance. Champions efforts to achieve world-class excellence regarding safe work practices and procedures, and safety performance.
- Demonstrates and role models a customer-first attitude. Seeks to quickly resolve customer issues by collaborating with employees and other departments.
- Fulfills storm duty assignments and participates in on-call rotation as required.
- Working knowledge of power system operations, information technology, SCADA, and state-of-the-art equipment monitoring technology.
- A Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, electrical technology or equivalent discipline
- Minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years’ experience is required.
- Experience in transmission and distribution systems is preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience is preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle drivers’ license
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs