Eversource Energy Sr. Environmental Specialist in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 4 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
This role is responsible for providing environmental services throughout the Eversource System that ensure effective business practices that comply with all laws and regulations and promote environmental stewardship and sustainability. Specific application areas within the Environmental Management group include Air Compliance Environmental Training, and Policy & Strategy.
- Develops and implements programs for monitoring and reporting on environmental topics within the specified Application Area.
- Conducts air compliance data collection and reporting for MA gas operations.
- Accurately researches and interprets applicable rules, regulations, laws and policies.
- Monitors governmental organizations for new rules, regulations, laws and policies applicable to the specific Application Area.
- Communicates requirements throughout the organization and provides compliance assistance tools.
- Defines and assesses procedural, compliance and financial impacts of applicable new rules, regulations, laws and policies.
- Ensures compliance throughout the Eversource System by representing Environmental Management on project teams.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Must be available to work emergency storm assignment as required.
- Strong knowledge in greenhouse gas/air reporting to state and federal regulators.
- Environmental aspects of the electric utility industry; distribution of gas; facilities management
- Federal and state environmental regulations related to Application Area disciplines
- Federal environmental laws administered by EPA, DOT and/or OSHA
- Federal environmental programs
- State environmental regulations of CT –RSR; MA – MCP; and/or NH – COAR
- RCRA, CAA, CWA , TSCA, CERCLA
- Mathematical and/or scientific concepts
- Qualitative and quantitative analyses
- Team membership skills
- Ability to act as a key liaison and to work effectively with various organization levels within and outside of the company
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to interpret and relate complex information in a user-friendly manner
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Ability to use and apply sound judgment
- Initiative and personal ownership
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications such as Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in a science-related major specifically focused on the environmental sciences or related disciplines required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of related technical environmental experience. Specific environmental experience in the Northeast region (CT, MA and /or NH) preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must hold a valid motor vehicle driver’s license
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs