Eversource Energy Sourcing Agent in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Responsible for driving procurement sourcing strategies, managing the bid process and negotiating the purchase of materials, equipment and services for medium dollar/complexity requirements. This position serves as a representative for the group and ensures compliance to established procurement policies, processes, and controls.
- Efficiently conducts Request for Proposals (RFPs), negotiates, and executes contracts independently, and supports internal business partners on assigned procurement activities.
- Leads the sourcing, negotiation, and contracting process for medium valuecontracts/commodities.
- Has a working understanding of contracting practices and General Terms and Conditions (GTC).
- Gathers and interprets market data to gain understanding of spend and facilitate data analytics to support spend portfolio.
- Strategically plans and implements a defined sourcing and contracting structure.
- Proven experience within cost savings, sustainability, and diverse spend concepts and priorities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in managing moderately complex situations and/or larger sets of data.
- Develops sources of supply, establish procurement schedules, and assists in supplier pre-qualification activities.
- Produces and analyzes Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) scorecards.
- Establishes and monitors contract and supplier performance including Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for medium complexity categories; and reviews with business groups and uses the data to improve future performance and strategy development.
- Updates, processes, and approves procurement records in a timely manner as directed.
- Coordinates with end users and suppliers to provide visibility and communicate updates.
- Supports coworkers and provides timely responses and guidance as it relates to the processing of theircontracts/commodities.Ensures tactical support tasks are completed in a timely manner and with accuracy.
- Communication - Identifies and outlines medium complexity issues. Able to engage small teams to present simple proposals and gain buy-in.
- Knowledge/Experience - Utilizes tools and resources available, has moderate understanding of systems and processes, and demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 products. Uses this knowledge and experience to effectively facilitate the sourcing & contracting processes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent related experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years related experience.
- Requires basic knowledge of procurement / sourcing, supply market trends and supplier economics.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic sourcing responsibilities for various commodities, both products and services, in operational procurement andsourcing.
- Full understanding of purchasing and inventory systems.
- Basic understanding of contract language terms and conditions as well as experience drafting contract agreements.
- Must be able to analyze contracts, terms and conditions, and ramifications of contractual verbiage as it relates to the product, service, and supplier in question.
- Solid understanding of business / financial principles.
- Must possess the skills to interpret and analyze data to present and interpret outcomes.
- Must be able to explain data to all end users and to identify sourcing opportunities from data.
- Strong problem solving, decision making, and influencing skills.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Project management skills, including the ability to prioritize against time sensitive deadlines.
- Proficient skill level with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Six Sigma, Lean, Process or Project Mgmt certifications desirable.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs