Eversource Energy Senior Test Specialist in Berlin, Connecticut
Acts as project and/or crew leader. Responsible for handling assignments requiring a high level of expertise and extensive experience associated with planning and performing the duties described below.
Performs the duties outlined in the Job Description for Specialist, Test A along with the following duties:
- Serves as Team Lead for major projects and handles assignments requiring high level of expertise and extensive experience associated with various equipment and systems.
- Typically assigned complex projects and customer sensitive work.
- Provides technical support and expertise to diagnose and repair malfunctioning or defective electrical, electronic or communications equipment.
- Provides technical direction and oversees the work of construction, test, maintenance personnel, electricians, vendors and contractors.
- Researches, evaluates and develops test plans for new hardware, software and test equipment.
- Develops test procedures and operating standards based upon federal and ISO regulations and best practices.
- Serves as technical liaison with other utilities, control centers, and service providers.
Supports the training and development of Test Specialists and Test Technicians; may assist with the weekly work plan of test personnel, electricians, vendors and contractors.
Where applicable, enhances and upgrades the electronic systems to support operational requests from test personnel, the various Control Centers, and Protection and Controls Engineering.
Assists with the development of test procedures and operating standards.
Assists with equipment and system upgrades, enhancements and documentation.
- Must be available for on-call hours and during emergency restoration as required.
Works independently on technical assignments to support acceptance testing, maintenance, or repair of analog and digital mobile radios (LMR/DMR), voice and data communication systems, mobile VSAT and portable satellite communication systems, simulcast radio systems, serial and network data communications, metering and alarm systems, telephone and voice dispatch consoles, RFI investigations, SCADA protocols and communications, personal computers and peripheral hardware, and various electronic systems, components, and devices.
Tests, analyzes, and identifies RF propagation issues on with antenna systems and associated components such as, antennas, RF feedline, and filters.
Works withDistribution Automationon technical assignments associated with the acceptance testing, maintenance, or repair of hardware associated with Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems. The SCADA System includes various communication platforms, process computers, peripheral hardware, and various electronic components and devices.
Works withNetwork Serviceson technical assignments associated with testing, maintenance digital microwave terminals and systems, communication systems, TDM Digital Access Cross-connect systems, TDM Multiplexers and channel banks, MPLS switches, carrier Ethernet, fiber optic testing and Telecom-based RFI investigations, personal computers and peripheral hardware, and various electronic systems, components, and devices.
- Install and maintain mobile radio equipment and antennas in fleet vehicles.
- In-depth technical understanding of electrical and electronic components, circuitry, and systems, and ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of state-of-the-art developments as noted in the departmental job descriptions.
- Skill and dexterity in repair, adjustment, and modification of electronic, microelectronics, and delicate electromechanical components, circuitry, and systems.
- Knowledge of specialized instrumentation, use, and application; excellent understanding of electrical and electronic testing and measurement techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to effectively communicate technical information.
- Familiarity with pertinent regulatory requirements.
Thorough understanding of industry safety rules and practices.
Thorough knowledge of departmental computer systems and applicable software.
- Associates Degree in electrical engineering; electrical technology orequivalent.
- 8+ years of related experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Critical Infrastructure Protection certification must be maintained annually
- Must maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $107,370.00 to $119,300.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs