Eversource Energy Senior Test Specialist in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. We’re proud to provide safe, reliable service to 4.3 million electricity, natural gas and water customers. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
Acts as project and/or crew leader. Responsible for handling assignments requiring a high level of expertiseand extensive experience associated with planning and performing the duties described below
Performs the duties outlined in the Job Description for Specialist, Test A along with the following duties:
- Serves as Team Lead for major projects and handles assignments requiring high level of expertiseand extensive experience associated with various equipment and systems.
- Typically assigned complex projects and customer sensitive work.
- Provides technical support and expertise to diagnose and repair malfunctioning or defectiveelectrical, electronic or communications equipment.
- Provides technical direction and oversees the work of construction, test, maintenance personnel,electricians, vendors and contractors.
- Researches, evaluates and develops test plans for new hardware, software and test equipment.
- Develops test procedures and operating standards based upon federal and ISO regulations and bestpractices.
- Supports the training and development of Test Specialists and Test Technicians; may assist with theweekly work plan of test personnel, electricians, vendors and contractors.
- Where applicable, enhances and upgrades the electronic systems to support operational requestsfrom test personnel, the various Control Centers, and Protection and Controls Engineering.
- Assists with the development of test procedures and operating standards.
- Assists with equipment and system upgrades, enhancements and documentation.
- Must be available for on-call hours and during emergency restoration as required.
Central Maintenance Services:
- Works on technical assignments associated with infrared inspection of transmission and distribution substation and distribution overhead equipment; Cathodic Protection systems and associated corrosion inspection of transmission, gas, telecom, and garage facilities; battery plant and monitors at telecom sites; and acceptance testing, maintenance, and repair of substation monitoring devices and associated Human Machine Interfaces (HMI), webpages, meters, and transducers. Individual is also responsible for compliance and maintenance of Critical Infrastructure Protection (CIP) systems and must maintain annual CIP certification.
- In-depth technical understanding of electrical and electronic components, circuitry, and systems, and ability to maintain up-to-date knowledge of state-of-the-art developments as noted in the departmental job descriptions.
- Skill and dexterity in repair, adjustment, and modification of electronic, microelectronics, and delicate electromechanical components, circuitry, and systems.
- Knowledge of specialized instrumentation, use, and application; excellent understanding of electrical and electronic testing and measurement techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and the ability to effectively communicate technical information.
- Familiarity with pertinent regulatory requirements.
- Thorough understanding of Eversource safety rules and practices.
- Thorough knowledge of departmental computer systems and applicable software.
- Associate degree in electrical engineering, electrical technology or equivalent and 8 to 10+ years related experience required.
Licenses & Certification:
- Critical Infrastructure Protection certification must be maintained annually; must maintain a valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Please submit a resume along with your online application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs