Eversource Energy Senior Staff Accountant in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Staff Accountant position will be responsible for closing the books on a monthly basis, analyzes results and explains any variances between the actual period and the prior year. The Senior Staff Accountant position is responsible for keeping the Revenue/Regulatory books of an assigned company and for maintaining accurate and detailed records in support of those books. Also, the Senior Staff Accountant will be responsible for working with the budgeting group in the budgeting process and monthly variances to actual.
- Supervise the preparation of (or prepare) journal entries, account reconciliations and performs control activities (including SOX key control activities) to ensure accuracy, completeness, and adherence to GAAP and ensures deadlines are met.
- Ensure detailed information is kept in support of all entries. Ensures books and records are complete, accurate and maintained in accordance with generally acceptable accounting principles and all state and federal regulatory requirements.
- Supervise the preparation of (or prepare) financial variance analysis on assigned companies which includes interfacing with other departments.
- Supervise the preparation of (or prepare) work papers for, and interfaces with, external financial auditors.
- Supervise the completion of (or prepare) monthly, quarterly and annual reports for state, federal and industry groups (includes financial reports to FERC, DPU, PURA and other regulatory bodies).
- Assists Revenue Requirements and Rates departments with distribution rate case, tracker reconciliation, and other formal regulatory filings.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Requires knowledge of GAAP. Also requires superior spreadsheet modeling skills and superior understanding of accounting system applications. Also requires effective written and oral communication skills. Superior ability to use PC desktop applications (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel).
Education: A Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or closely-related field required. A Master’s level degree and/or CPA designation is preferred.
Experience: A minimum of (8) eight years experience required preferably in a corporate and/or public accounting environment.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor