Eversource Energy Senior Real Estate Specialist in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Eversource Energy is the largest Energy delivery company in New England. We support 3.6 million Gas and Electric customers across CT, MA and NH. Be a part of our mission to deliver reliable energy and superior customer service. ENERGY- BRINGS US TOGETHER!!
Role and Scope of Position:
This position leads the acquisition, disposition, leasing and licensing of real estate transactions and property rights, as well as provides day-to-day real estate management to ensure the real estate needs of the Company are met. Coordinates the internal and external real estate resources required to support the business unit’s operation to assure public safety, realiability and maintain property rights.
- Serve as lead Eversource and department real estate representative possessing high level of expertise to accomplish complex transactions and special assignments.
- Analyzes real estate appraisals using the Market Data Approach, Cost Approach and the Income Approach to estimate the value of real estate sites.
- Leads development of standards and procedures to ensure that the Company’s acquisition, management, leasing, development and disposition practices consistently align with evolving business needs.
- Performs complex technical feasibility, financial and cost studies in preparation for obtaining property rights for specific projects and assigned service territories, and prepares recommendations and action plans for purchases and leases. Possesses strong quantitative, qualitative and financial analysis skills
- Develops and fosters fruitful business relationships and maintains direct contacts with key internal clients including, Operating Companies, and Corporate Center colleges; and key external stakeholders, customers and real estate professionals.
- Negotiates, drafts and administers leasing agreements, purchase/sale agreements, land options and related real estate contracts for the acquisition, disposition and leasing of real estate property rights associated with electric and gas utility needs to ensure transactions comply with all local, state and Federal requirements.
- Leads telecom leasing activities with internal team (legal, telecom engineering, electric operations, and accounting), and external stakeholders including PCS carriers and site acquisition and development consultants; and lead opportunities for sustained revenue growth.
- Provides real estate expertise to Eversource management, and internal organizations (legal, accounting, regulatory, community relations etc…), as well as external customers and real estate professionals, in supporting the accomplishment of complex transactions and special assignments.
- Assures timely corporate reporting, compliance with real estate requirements and contract terms in order to ensure compliance with contact terms, and avoid default conditions.
- Leads real estate resources required to support the business unit’s operation, reduce costs and increase productivity. Requires working closely with internal Eversource disciplines (i.e. Facilities Management, Engineering, Asset Strategy etc…) to ensure delivery of real estate services to end-users.
- Serves as mentor to others within the department, and lead real estate expert to colleagues across the Company.
- Hires and coordinates professional independent real estate consultant services and managing their work activities.
- On call Storm Duty assignment as necessary.
Requires knowledge of real estate techniques, procedures, principles and practices, transaction law, development and related environmental regulations. Ability to use system applications (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc…). Ability to locate and interpret Registry and Municipal land records, survey plans and engineered plans. Ability to represent the Company before regulatory authorities
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate, Economics, Engineering or equivalent experience. An advanced degree preferred.
Minimum of eight (8) years in the real estate field and/or related utility operations.
Licenses & Certifications:
Real Estate License, Real Estate Surveyor License, Engineer, Paralegal certificate, notary republic and related designations are a plus.
Taking a logical approach to analyzing problems, developing solutions and organizing work.
Anticipating and working to meet the needs of internal and external customers.
Remaining open-minded when presented with new information and adjusting positively to change.
Continually scans the environment for new information and business strategies.
Puts company’s long-term success above personal success.
Facilitating cooperation within and across functions in order to achieve common goals.
The Senior Real Estate Specialist position is a professional staff position. While the position is assigned to the real estate office, it requires off-site meetings and fieldwork to be conducted throughout its service territory, including attendance at governmental and regulatory meetings during normal and after business hours.
Mental and Physical Aspects:
Must be able to work independently. Have an ability to prioritize work and manage multiple tasks at one time. Must possess strong communication skill, be an effective negotiator to obtain a successful resolve for the Company and testify before siting and regulatory boards. Must be a team player and possess ability to lead teams, collaboratively with internal stakeholders, as well as independently. Must possess confidence and decisiveness demonstrating self- assurance in one’s ideas, judgments and capabilities. Must be confident in taking clear timely action in situations that require it.
Work involves calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting. This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs