Eversource Energy Senior Financial Analyst in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here!
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY:
This position is responsible for completing financial analysis relating to operational investment decisions. Utilizes financial models to determine cost/benefits of specific items in proposed operating budgets. Working with field operations, assists in developing Expense and Capital operating budgets which are derived from the Work Plan and performs analysis and reporting of Expense and Capital budget performance for the assigned areas. Assists in the development of analysis for large and small operational projects as well as various ad hoc analyses. Responsible for understanding the business issues and opportunities and working closely with Operations personnel to analyze the impact of certain events.
This position works closely with their assigned operating area and provides financial support, analysis and consultation to the area as well as assessment of various projects on the financial results.
- Financial analysis of expense and capital projects.
- Prepares cost/benefit analysis for spending decisions.
- Development of financial models related to budgets or forecasts.
- Preparation of annual budgets, monthly forecasts, and variance analysis.
- Prepares, monitors, and reports Expense and Capital expenditures against budget and forecast for the assigned operating area and makes recommendation for course corrections.
- Prepares special reports and studies, as requested.
- Interacts with personnel within and outside the organization including senior management and various corporate organizations.
Education, Experience, and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or comparable field of study required.
- MBA preferred if Bachelor's Degree is not in a financial/business discipline.
- Experience with operational finance preferred.
- At least eight years experience required.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills to effectively work with multiple levels of management, strong leadership skills, ability to foster teamwork, and a desire to learn new and efficient ways of accomplishing work assignments.
- Must have familiarity with accounting and reporting systems (such as PowerPlan, Cognos/TM1) and a demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft Suite of applications (Excel, PowerPoint).
Please submit a resume with your application.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs