Eversource Energy Senior Financial Analyst in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for a wide variety of assignments and tasks relative to business operations and budgeting and reporting for the CT Electric operating unit. Responsibilities include:
- Managing the budget and forecasting processes and performing thorough and accurate analyses leading to prompt identification of weaknesses in budget related internal controls and sound recommendations or improvements.
- Performing reviews and implementing various cost-saving ideas related to the budget and performance monitoring processes, or to the operations of functional and project management.
- Performing analyses of O&M and Capital spending to facilitate changes/cost reductions efforts; recommending sound guidance and assistance to all levels of functional, project and other appropriate personnel in the performance of their budget and forecast responsibilities.
- Ensuring communication through reports to management as needed, of any specific operating and financial performance information such as budget versus actual comparisons for making management decisions or evaluation of trends.
- Ensuring management is provided information necessary to evaluate the effectiveness of the operations and to make informed decisions on assumptions and information necessary to prepare operating budgets, the capital program and forecast.
- Providing accounting guidance to the group as required; providing rate case support as needed; building and maintaining networks of key contacts across the organization facilitating organizational efficiency.
- Working effectively with all levels of management in order to provide financial analysis and problem solving recommendations.
Technical Knowledge/Skills: The selected candidate must have strong oral and written communications skills to effectively work with multiple levels of management; strong leadership skills; the ability to foster teamwork; and a desire to learn new and efficient ways of accomplishing work assignments. Individual must also have a familiarity with accounting and reporting systems (such as PowerPlan, Cognos/TM1), and a demonstrated ability to use the Microsoft Suite of applications (particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint). This position requires the use of advanced techniques and the modification and extensions of theories, precepts, and practices of financial/economic analysis. Work is characterized by many complex features, which require creative insights into financial, business or economic situations.
Education: A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or comparable field of study required.MBA is preferred if Bachelor's Degree is not in a financial/business discipline.Experience with operational finance preferred.
Experience: A minimum of (8) eight years of experience required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor