Eversource Energy Senior Financial Analyst in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
This position provides financial support to the Operations organization; coordinates and supports the Monthly Financial Reports; develops the departments’ financial budgets and five-year financial forecasts; regulatory plans; project analysis; and, development of different reports tools.
- Supports the production of the Monthly Financial Report for the Operations groups.
- Coordinates, develops, supports, and monitors the annual budget process to ensure that each major budget management task is properly planned and supported. Ensures compliance with all corporate critical path schedules.
- Reviews, validates, and adopts financial model runs.
- Communicates results and their implications to management.
- Assists management in ensures model projections support financial goals includes the development of recommendations to improve performance.
- Communicates results of and any issues with financial strategies includes recommendations for course corrections to management.
- Coordinates and develops financial projections with input from Operations groups and disciplines from across the company includes financial forecasts, regulatory, corporate, and field functional areas, and accounts.
- Prepares financial projections for presentation to executive management.
- Provides information to management to ensure annual budgets and five-year forecasts are on target.
- Ensures communication through reports to departmental management on a monthly basis of any specific operates and financial performance information such as budget versus actual and current versus prior year actual comparisons for makes management decisions or evaluation of trends.
- Coordinates with all departmental areas on financial and business reports requirements.
- Works effectively with all levels of management to provide financial analysis and problem solves recommendations.
- Supports the development of rate case timelines and strategies as well as rate case proceedings.
- Knowledge and experience with capital and expense budgeting processes
- Knowledge and experience developing and implementing corporate strategies and initiatives
- Strong knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability in all areas of financial reporting, analyses and financial model management
- Understanding of financial statements and financial modeling
- Thorough understanding of the Eversource organization
- Financial acumen including a basic understanding of financial concepts
- Financial modeling capabilities
- Strong detail orientation as well as the ability to be thorough and precise
- Ability to work effectively with various levels within the organization
- Ability to use and apply sound judgment
- Team membership; strong customer focus
- Functional understanding of computerized business systems
- Demonstrated skill with MS Office applications (specifically Word and Excel)
- Ability to multi-task and shift among multiple priorities simultaneously
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and personal ownership
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a closely related discipline required
- Active work towards or completion of a related advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) plus years of related experience
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs