Eversource Energy Senior Engineering Program Manager, Gas Operations in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Works independently to provide expert direction and planning for asset management and risk management programs and projects related to specific assets. Responsibilities include risk assessment; asset condition and lifecycle assessment; improvement plan development; risk mitigation plan development; project management; interaction with external stakeholders, Eversource internal stakeholders, developers, state and federal representatives. Other major responsibilities include coordination of complex studies; providing input on scheduling of resources and monitoring of project costs; providing expert testimony for regulatory filings; and meeting or exceeding customer expectations for the successful implementation of projects within mandated regulatory time limits and budgets. May lead cross functional and company teams on current and developing asset, risk, safety, regulatory, and legislative issues.
We have two openings- expertise in the following:
Natural Gas Stations-one opening:
This position serves as a leader and subject matter expert specifically for natural gas system gate station, district regulator, and pressure regulation assets. A candidate for this position should have detailed knowledge and experience specific to the design and operation of pressure regulating and instrumentation assets. Certifications, licenses, training, and experience related to the design and operation of these assets will be considered.
Protected Pipe- One opening:
This position serves as a leader and subject matter expert specifically for cathodically protected pipe and cathodic protection assets within the natural gas system. A candidate for this position should have detailed knowledge and experience specific to the design and operation of cathodically protected pipe and cathodic protection systems. Certifications, licenses, training, and experience related to corrosion engineering and cathodic protection will be considered.
- Develops tactical plans and implements strategic plans for the group to ensure that the Company is reducing risk, improving the condition of assigned assets, and in full compliance with state and federal energy and pipeline legislation and regulations.
- Tracks and provides input on the department’s most asset-related projects through their complete life cycle, from conceptual design to final project closeout.
- Drives changes in philosophy, design approach or business practices with regards to the asset management and risk management of assigned assets.
- Analyzes, tracks and reports on department goals and other metrics as needed.
- Analyzes data and develops reports and innovative solutions regarding projects, risk reduction, and asset management.
- Tracks and analyzes engineering and project costs and risk profiles to improve asset management process.
- May provide direction and guidance to employees working on the various programs associated with these assets; serves as program technical leader for assigned assets.
- Coordinates with and serves as technical lead on assigned assets for various risk and safety related groups within Eversource, e.g., Enterprise Risk Management, Pipeline Safety Management System.
- Represents the Company’s interests at industry caucuses at state, regional and national levels in the development of rules and regulations, rates and tariffs, etc.
- Provides regulatory and legislative support, including answering interrogatories, and witness testimony as required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of gas system operations; gas system equipment design; applicable governmental and regulatory laws, rules and regulations.
- Solid understanding of business financial principles
- Ability to provide direction to a cross-process team and technical solutions on a variety of concurrent projects that may include complex, controversial, and unique issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in Applied Science, Engineering, or related technical field
- MBA or master’s degree in Engineering preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of directly related experience.
Licenses & Certifications:
This position is categorized as safety-sensitive for the purpose of drug testing. Successful applicants shall be subject to a pre-assignment drug test if the individual is currently in a non-safety sensitive position. As an employee in this position the individual shall be subject to random drug testing. A positive drug test will result in disciplinary action.
Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT as necessary.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs