Eversource Energy Senior Engineer, Substation Technical Engineering (Hybrid) in Berlin, Connecticut
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
The Senior Engineer, Substation Technical Engineering will perform engineering assignments in support of Substation Operations & Field Engineering Test, online equipment monitoring, and perform regulatory compliance tasks. Candidate will have a technical role in the development and update of standard specifications, review of maintenance practices, participation in equipment failure analysis, and other duties which require in depth knowledge of substation equipment. Candidate will work closely with other Engineering disciplines and manufacturers for replacement of obsolete parts and equipment. This position is also involved with the strategic development, expansion, planning, design, maintenance and operation of the electric system and its equipment to meet the mission and objectives of the organization. In addition, this position coordinates the evaluation of equipment failures, and the appropriate resolutions, to provide support to operations on unplanned maintenance.
- Manages, coaches, develops and reviews the performance of engineers and other staff.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Responsible for reliability analysis and trending of system events and monitoring of equipment condition.
- Assists with the development of infrastructure strategy, operating philosophies, and technical basis for asset replacement decisions.
- Responsible for regulatory compliance related tasks and reporting.
- Responsible for supporting the development and management of substation equipment preventive maintenance philosophies and programs.
- Collaborates with counterparts and colleagues within Engineering with the evaluation and selection of technology and substation equipment for the electric system.
- Participate in root-cause analysis, development, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Participates in the development of standards and procedures for design, operation, and maintenance.
- Collaborates with counterparts and colleagues within other organizations to support capital project/program development and execution.
- Collaborates with counterparts and colleagues within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology is required.
- An advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five (5) years of related experience is required.
- Substation Engineering, Power Systems, or related electric utility experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with substation equipment such as transformers, circuit breakers, switchgear, reclosers, capacitor banks and associated controls, instrument transformers, reactors, switches, and batteries is desired.
Licenses and Certifications:
- A valid motor vehicle operator’s license.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position starts at $118,690.00 to $131,880.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between CT/MA/NH as necessary.
Please include a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs