Eversource Energy Senior Engineer - Substation Design in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Senior Engineer is responsible for performing engineering assignments requiring professional mastery of subject matter and extensive experience associated with electric distribution and transmission substations. Acts as a project engineer for all substation project assignments and is accountable for leading the engineering design effort, including development of engineering solutions and ensuring quality of deliverables, managing engineering schedule, coordinating the efforts of other assigned engineering disciplines and close coordination with procurement and construction personnel. Other project specific duties include defining the concept, scope, and detailed engineering aspects of substation and switching station projects, supporting the preparation and development of project cost estimates and schedules, supporting the preparation of capital project budget authorization documents, and conducting engineering studies associated with the design and application of substation equipment and materials. Works closely with the Engineering Design and Drafting group to prepare, review and issue engineering drawings in support of both Capital and Expense projects. The selected candidate must possess the ability to organize engineering projects, work to a schedule and follow through on all assignments as necessary to support design through energization.
Responsible for ensuring that the Eversource transmission and distribution systems are designed to high quality standards that provide customers with safe, reliable, competitively priced and environmentally sound electric service.
- Applicable experience in 5kV through 345kV substation design in accordance with associated IEEE/ANSI standards.
- Acts as a technical leader and applies standard engineering techniques and procedures on complex projects
- Provides technical guidance and leadership to other engineers to assist in the development of their technical skills.
- Fills the role of project engineer providing electrical discipline leadership, including interdisciplinary coordination, and scheduling
- Ability to prioritize project work for several projects occurring concurrently under budget and time constraints.
- Collaborates with other Engineering disciplines to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Collaborates with other departments such as System Planning, Distributed Energy Resources, Asset Management, Project Management, Project Scheduling, Siting and Permitting, and Plant Accounting, to support project planning, technical and financial approvals, scheduling, regulatory submittals and interrogatories, and project closeout
- Works with System Planning to develop substation specific scope in support of system reliability solutions studies.
- Ensures that the design and specification of additions, modifications and replacements to the transmission and distribution systems are completed accurately and in accordance with internal and industry standards.
- Responsible for the development of standards, procedures, and equipment specifications.
- Responsible for the development and approval of project scopes, engineering designs, details, material ordering, and cost estimates, as necessary.
- Responsible for the development and update of equipment specifications, participation in equipment RFP process, and review/approval of manufacturers’ drawings and documentation.
- Provides technical support and direction to operating areas relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Supports emergent and/or equipment failures as necessary to support operations.
- Actively support storm and/or emergency restoration assignments as necessary.
- The candidate must have strong command of the English language with good written and oral communication skills to work effectively with internal team members as well as external personnel
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering is required. An advanced degree is preferred. 5+ years of related experience is required. Experience with Substation design is highly preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs