Eversource Energy Senior Engineer - Standards Engineering in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
A senior level position in the T&D Standards Engineering group with a focus on Equipment and Materials to be used on the Electrical Distribution System. This position will provide subject matter expertise in automation equipment, smart grid systems and new product developments.
- Create, maintain, and distribute construction, work method, material and design procedures that will be used by engineers, designers and line workers.
- Maintain and support all existing equipment currently in service on the distribution system. Will be Responsible for Equipment Performance, Reliability and Failure Analysis tracking.
- Responsible for quality control of equipment; will provide troubleshooting, site support, and corrective actions for technical issues faced by other engineering teams.
- Evaluate new distribution equipment and applications used on the distribution system
- Interface and work collaboratively with internal and external engineering teams such as: GridMod, DG, Transmission, Distribution Engineering, Operations, etc. for the determination of designs and resolutions to problems.
- Support, and at times represent, the department and the company on various industry related committees.
- Participate in industry technical workshops to evaluate new equipment developments and work practices to ensure Eversource stays current with the best applications and work methods.
- Serves as a team leader on specialized internal and external cross-functional teams, as necessary, to develop engineering solutions and customer satisfaction.
- Trains internal stakeholders in technical analyses and procedures, as needed.
- Performs storm assignments as needed.
- Strong understanding of electrical engineering concepts such as protection schemes, protective devices, power generation, energy storage, reliability, load flow, short circuit, voltage regulation, transients, power factor, etc.
- Strong technical understanding of the parameters and functions used in the operation of the power delivery system as well as power industry fundamentals, practices, and standards
- Knowledge of power quality, voltage / VAR operation,
- Knowledge of national electric standards and codes; IEEE and the NESC.
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), interpersonal, presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency using Microsoft products and internet applications.
- Ability to maintain records, and prepare reports and correspondence related to the work.
- Follow Eversource’s Codes of Conduct, Business Ethics, Environmental and Diversity Policies.
- Experience in the utility industry is preferred
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Power Systems or related is required. An advanced Degree is preferred.
Experience : A minimum of 5 years of related experience is required.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs