Eversource Energy Senior Compensation Analyst in Berlin, Connecticut
Role and Scope of Position:
Act as project leader and/or carries out assignments requiring professional mastery of subject matter and extensive experience associated with job analysis, description writing, job evaluation, and wage and salary survey activities. The Senior Compensation Analyst performs a key role in the design, development, analysis, implementation and administration of compensation programs and strategic initiatives regarding base pay and variable pay programs. This position will collaborate with cross functional partners and all levels of management to provide expertise while supporting both the business and compensation strategy.
- Researches, develops and recommends new or revised job analysis, job evaluation and job description policies, plans and procedures.
- Performs the more sensitive and confidential Wage and Salary analysis assignments.
- Develops, implements and administers compensation such as salaries, short- and long-term incentives, job evaluations, performance appraisals, salary increases and salary surveys |
- May provide services in Executive Compensation, Sales Compensation and other specialized areas of compensation; Develops, implements, and analyzes compensation programs for executives, officers and other top key positions, including short- and long-term incentive plans, financial and tax treatment of compensation programs, and proxy disclosure and analysis
- Requires effective interfacing with key business partners in various areas of the company such as, HR Ops, payroll, accounting, tax, financial reporting, human resources, and legal.
- Leads and participates in compensation programs and projects to optimize the compensation strategy of the organization.
- Provides analysis and counsel to management on compensation programs and initiatives related to pay structures, short- and long-term incentives, pay change recommendations, new hire offers, and wage and hour regulations.
- Performs job analysis and job evaluations to develop job profiles. Determines job level and salary grade assignment while ensuring guidelines are competitive and equitable.
- Assists in leading the annual compensation process as well as participates in the design and leads the analysis and administration of short-term variable pay programs.
- Assists in the analysis and administration of executive compensation and long-term incentive programs as needed.
- Works collaboratively with other functional areas including HR Systems, Information Technology and Payroll.
- Ability to analyze information, determine facts and make recommendations accordingly.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization and counterparts in outside organizations.
- Sound knowledge of Fair Labor Standards Act and other governmental laws and regulations affecting compensation.
- Ability to write clearly and concisely.
Ability to effectively coordinate the work activities of others.
Ability to organize project assignments and meet established completion dates
- Baccalaureate degree in personnel administration, business administration, economics or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) or more years of experience in compensation work with emphasis on job evaluation techniques
Licenses & Certifications:
- CCP Certified Compensation Professional preferred
Eversource Energy offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $100,530.00 to $111,700.00, plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with experience. Please check our career site for an overview of our benefits.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs