Eversource Energy Senior Analyst, Energy Efficiency in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
If you’re skilled in data analysis and have top-tier organizational skills, this is a great opportunity to work in Eversource’s Energy Efficiency department. You will be on a team of professionals who value teamwork, accuracy and problem-solving. In this role, you will work with all levels of internal partners to provide data analysis and problem-solving recommendations. Overall, the main aspects of this role will involve supporting reporting requirements, tracking, and reporting systems, data analysis, and project management as needed. Additionally, will involve system support budget development and monitoring, and reporting of key systems metrics.
Reporting manager: Supervisor, Regulatory, Planning and Evaluation
- Responsible for reporting ISO-NE (Independent System Operator – New England) requirements, budget analysis, reporting dashboards, project management, and data analysis.
- Coordinates, develops, supports, and monitors the annual ISO-NE budget and reporting process to ensure that each major budget management sector (Residential, Commercial & Industrial, etc.) is properly planned and supported. Ensure compliance with all critical path schedules and timelines.
- Assists with the development of Energy Efficiency systems support and IT project budget projections across all three states, assesses performance against approved budgets and coordinates modifications.
- Responsible for reviewing and ensuring that all Energy Efficiency IT accounting and budgeting information is complete, accurate and maintained in accordance with the Company’s’ Accounting and Budgeting area requirements, as well as with regulatory decisions and orders.
- Leads and supports the production of the Monthly Key Performance Indicators and Financial Reports for the EE organization.
- Reviews, validates, and adopts EE IT Key Performance Metrics. Communicates results to management as to the implications of these results. Assists management in ensuring model projections support ES financial goals including the development of recommendations to improve performance.
- Communicates results of and any issues with financial KPI’s including recommendations for course corrections to management.
- Ensures communication through reports to departmental management on a monthly basis of any specific operating and financial performance information such as budget versus actual and current versus prior year actual comparisons for making management decisions or evaluation of trends.
- Leads and participates with monthly tracking systems data review with the business operations and implementation teams.
- Leads role in the coordination with all ES departmental areas on EE tracking systems and business reporting requirements.
- Works effectively with all levels of management to provide data analysis and problem-solving recommendations.
- Knowledge and experience with the ES budgeting and forecasting process including internal systems.
- Strong knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability in all areas of financial reporting, analysis and financial model management.
- An understanding of financial statements and financial modeling and work efficiently under pressure.
- Must work efficiently under pressure, be customer driven, display initiative, accept responsibility, hold others accountable, be a team player, and think and act analytically.
- Demonstrated ability to make sound decisions to support the mission, work independently and apply knowledge and skill to solve problems.
- Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, in addition to other Microsoft Office applications (MS Power point, MS Word) and other business system applications.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency in running queries in various systems and data gathering.
- Understanding of regulatory processes and environment including the regulatory filing process.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Management or a related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Eight (8) plus years related experience.
- Energy Efficiency, Accounting, Finance, Economics/Mathematics and Regulatory, Budgeting or Planning experience preferred.
*JOIN OUR TEAM! *
The #1 energy efficiency provider in the nation, Eversource is empowering a carbon neutral future for the Northeast, with nationally-recognized energy efficiency solutions and successful programs to integrate new clean energy resources like solar, offshore wind, electric vehicles and battery storage, into the electric system. As an employee within the energy efficient department, you will find like-minded individuals motivated by their passion for furthering these environmental goals. On this team of energy experts, you and your colleagues will work with business partners across New England to advance clean energy solutions and ultimately provide customers with the support necessary to help them make the places where they live, work and play more comfortable and less costly to operate and maintain.
*Why Eversource? *
When you become an Eversource employee, you join a single, united company dedicated to delivering reliable electricity, natural gas, and water to customers across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. Our approximately 11,000 employees are tied by our commitment to customer satisfaction.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource are paving the way for the future having received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation, health insurance and retirement savings benefit programs, and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs