Eversource Energy Senior Analyst, Business Integration (GIS) in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Role and Scope of Position:
This position serves to help ensure the tightest possible linkage between the organization’s business processes and the information systems that support those processes. This position participates in the review and assessment of business area processes in order to recommend business process changes to improve operational performance, address operational deficiencies or meet emergent needs. Works closely with business area managers and Business Integration Managers to document broad business objectives into meaningful requirements documents. This position will use knowledge of the business areas’ operations to coordinate and direct the implementation of new or revised IT technologies in support of business process improvements.
This position also fulfills non-system performance analysis functions for business areas and can be assigned to co-manage system enhancements on projects.
- Partners with area managers to examine and document existing business processes, business rules and systems, and performs gap analysis in order to identify differences between the current processes and the desired state. Also conducts workflow analysis, change impact analysis and identifies areas for improvement in preparation for business process re-engineering.
- Gathers business needs and requirements by facilitating meetings or administering work sessions to define or redefine problem statements, process design or products or services. In concert with the business areas, focuses on developing and improving business processes at all times.
- Participates in the evaluation and selection of system applications for the support of new business processes, procedures and standards.
- Assists with developing recommendations that explore alternative solutions, such as leveraging existing technology through improved usage, incremental training or minor business process enhancements.
- Supports business units by investigating operations related problems or inquiries, and recommends, facilitates and coordinates solutions.
- Assists in the preparation of the testing strategy and testing execution plan including creation of use cases, test cases and verifying the testing output to ensure it meets the requirements of the business.
- Develops or recommends business and management information reports to enable measurement of business results.
- Develops and provides business and system support, as well as training on applications. Communicates business and system application changes. Partners with area managers to ensure process issues are addressed.
Defines business capabilities, benefits and overall business case to assist with project mobilization, requests for proposal, information and the quote.
Validates the solutions meet the business requirements.
- Requires knowledge of technical modeling techniques, business assessment and modeling tools and best practices.
- Requires high-level understanding of the organization’s business systems and processes as well as industry-wide requirements.
- Requires high proficiency in relationship management, verbal and written communications, meeting facilitation, multitasking, time and prioritization management
- Ability to be objective and flexible.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
- (8) or more years of experience in the GIS and CAD fields
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency working in various GIS/CAD/Database software applications such as Smallworld, ESRI,AutoCad/Microstation,FME and MS Access.
- Knowledge of utility Gas distribution systems and data models
- Requires experience with systems development methodologies, business systems requirements definition, process engineering and project management.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- Work is performed primarily in an office environment which includes sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs