Eversource Energy Right Of Way Specialist in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
The successful candidate will be responsible for land management of system rights of ways and provide capital construction and maintenance project support functions such as land right acquisitions, dispositions, leases, licenses and permits. Responsible for the augmentation and preservation of the company's property records and land assets. The candidate must possess effective communication skills, negotiation skills and customer service skills. Must be able to address difficult landowner issues and land use conflicts for a successful resolve for the Company. Must be effective at cross collaboration and building and maintaining positive agency relationships. Must be able to manage several projects and many assignments at one time. Must be able to prioritize, work independently , and work collaboratively with project teams to advance work, meet timelines, and manage and resolve project real estate and R/W land rights challenges.
- Responsible or the periodic review of system right of ways to ensure compatible uses by established agreements with third parties and compliance with the Company’s use guidelines and Right of Way operating decisions.
- Performs internal record and external registry and Town Hall record research.
- Identifies, prioritizes, negotiates and resolves encroachment, trespass and land use conflicts.
- Works with the legal department when necessary to interpret property rights and or strategies to resolve rights and/ or land use conflicts.
- Researches title abstracts, deeds and other data to determine boundaries and property rights.
- Coordinates work activities to support system projects as assigned.
- Performs rights assessments, identify record errors, gaps in rights, project permit needs.
- Drafts licenses/ Permits/ JUA’s/ create plans as directed.
- Drafts easements and leases, license,deeds and other agreements as assigned or directed.
- Maintains and updates the Company’s records/ database.
- Conduct title research, coordinate and review property appraisals.
- Provides technical support and assistance to operating areas relative to ROW land management as assigned.
- Performs property right negotiations for the acquisition and disposition of property rights as assigned or directed.
- Provides project support for the Company’s Capital and maintenance projects including rights analysis, routing analysis and permitting support.
- Performs vendor management as directed.
- Evaluate Land Use Notifications to determine system impact.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Working knowledge of R/W Land Management Principles and Practice’s, ability to interpret registry land records survey plans and engineered R/W plans.
Confidence / Decisiveness: Ability to work independently demonstrating self- assurance in one’s ideas, judgment’s and capabilities. Taking clear timely action in situations that require it.
Communication: Must possess strong communication skills and negotiation skills
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Real Estate, Law or Engineering or other related discipline or equivalent combination in education and experience.
Experience: Five years of related ROW Management Experience, Property Management, and/ or Real Estate Law experience.
Licenses : Requires a valid driver's license.
Must be able to stand, sit, drive, walk up stairs and walk on uneven surfaces. Must have own vehicle, a valid drivers license and be able to drive to system rights of ways and to off site meetings with customers and other stakeholders.
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs