Eversource Energy Regulatory Project Manager in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
In this role you will support a team that is dedicated to assisting the Rates, Revenue and Regulatory Requirements organization across three state jurisdictions (CT, MA, NH). Plan, coordinate and supervise the preparation and support of regulatory filings in partnership with various teams and managers. The Project Manager’s contributions will focus on major regulatory filings as well as new, emerging, and cross functional business initiatives across Eversource’s regulated jurisdictions. Examples of project areas include regulatory activity related to grid modernization, distributed generation tariffs, electric vehicle programs, regulatory requirements related to corporate transactions and rate cases.
- Provides support to several different regulatory initiatives and proceedings and works closely with a variety of staff, teams, and managers.
- Leads development of filings that establish a level of revenue requirements that supports a reasonable rate of return for shareholders. Filings are typically new cost recovery dockets, regulatory approval for new business initiatives, or rate cases. Coordinates, aligns and prepares research, testimony and supporting exhibits in collaboration with expert witnesses. Manages preparation of responses to information requests.
- Supports financial, regulatory and policy research in support of regulatory activities. Research will support development of regulatory strategies, cost recovery proposals and utility business models.
- Develops written reports and presentations for all levels of management, including Senior Management.
- Leads development of written comments in support of Company positions pertaining to regulatory investigations, rulemakings, and other policy activities.
- Works effectively as a team with others in the organization including Rate and Revenue Requirement staff in all regulated jurisdictions, Legal, Accounting, Regulatory Affairs and essentially all other business areas of the company as it relates to regulatory outcomes.
- Manages preparation of regulatory deliverables in an ethical manner. Ensures regulatory deliverables reflect accounting and regulatory practices and financial principles used in general industry, as well as those unique to utilities. Work products must be able to withstand challenges from opposing parties.
- Requires demonstrated ability to lead complex cross functional projects, managing deliverables at all levels of a company.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to implement project management best practices related to successfully managing project scope, schedule, and budget.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory, legislative, and industry trends in the energy sector and utility operations desired, including advances in technology and the resulting impact on the state and region.
- Knowledge and experience of accounting and finance principals, with application to utilities preferred.
- Knowledge, experience and demonstrated ability in areas of financial reporting and analyses desired.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, closely related discipline, or equivalent experience
- MBA preferred.
- Eight (8) plus years of related experience, or the equivalent combination of educational background and relevant work experience
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs