Eversource Energy Project Engineer - Gas Asset Management in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Plans, develops, schedules, and performs engineering assignments related to the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of gas distribution and pressure regulating systems, including major/complex projects. Analyzes, recommends and develops specific projects for implementation. Assumes supervisory on-call assignments as required. Supports values and commitment to Eversource’s mission, strategy and values.
- Designs systems or installations to fit the Company’s objectives, ensuring conformance with industry standards, guidelines and regulations of federal, state and local authorities
- Develops and maintains field procedures to ensure compliance with company standards and procedures, federal, state and local regulations and codes; Assists in the oversite of construction activities to ensure specification and code compliance.
- Supports development and implementation of risk-based investments and mitigation programs.
- Performs risk assessment and assists others in the risk assessment of various gas assets.
- Assists in the tracking and incorporation of risk assessments, mitigation plans, and risk-based investments to support Company objectives.
- Promotes engagement and improved understanding with internal stakeholders to further safety and risk reduction efforts.
- Monitors, assesses impact of, and communicates new risks and mitigation plans.
- Participates in cross-functional teams working on new mitigation plans and their implementation.
- Gathers information necessary to assess risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Monitors project progress and recommends schedule changes, cost and resource adjustments required to meet company objectives
- Ensures project work is conducted in a manner consistent with the Company’s safety and procurement policies and programs
- May provide direction to junior staff and review work
- Thorough knowledge of distribution construction and maintenance work practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of applicable governmental codes and regulations
- Knowledge of risk management
- Knowledge of asset management
- Knowledge of welding and fusing principles
- Working knowledge of environmental requirements affecting related activities
- Familiarity with MS computer operations
- Some exposure to gaseous atmospheres, construction site hazards, and hazards on customer’s property
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Technology or related discipline.
- Five plus years of related engineering experience
- Gas experience is a plus
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs are involved.
Job can require traveling to operating districts, gas facilities and companies within and outside the state.
This is a Safety Sensitive position and subject to random drug testing.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing and presenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs