Eversource Energy Project Controls Analyst (Off Shore Wind) in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Role and Scope of Position:
Performs varied and complex project management system control activities, including preparation, analysis, and processing of data and reports required for capital program scheduling and cost control; and evaluation, analysis, and project data input into resource and workload optimization tools.
Responsible for identifying and documenting project control business processes in support of Project Management planning and executing capital projects. This position requires technical skills and independent judgment as well as a general knowledge of cost control and scheduling procedures for capital projects. The Project Control Analysts serves as a subject-matter expert as it relates to project controls and related data systems. Project Controls Analyses will review, analyze, evaluate, and administer a variety of actions in the Eversource’s financial, scheduling and project reporting systems.
- Duties performed may vary depending on area of assignment and annual corporate budgeting cycle.
- Plans, organizes, and directs the implementation of project controls for new and ongoing capital projects;
- Develops or assists in the development of policies and procedures for project management cost controls, project performance reports, and business process analysis;
- Provides, or assists in providing, training in project control methodologies, procedures and systems to project managers, consultants, contractors and other Eversource staff;
- Prepares reports in conjunction with other Eversource staff relating to capital program financials, project management scheduling, resource optimization tools and JV Agreement schedules
- Oversees the accuracy of key input for the Operation’s resource planning;
- Reviews, revises, and maintains system data;
- Provides cost and schedule control support for small projects that are not part of a large capital program;
- Interprets and communicates capital project requirements and assists in the development of improved capital project management procedures in support of project control systems;
- Assists in the design and implementation of information systems, database queries, and software tools to achieve functional goals of project control systems in support of capital projects;
- Assists with the correction of system configuration and user error problems;
- Monitors, analyzes and reports on Eversource’s capital project activities;
- Supports the needs of the Projects Management Group and specific project teams;
- Performs related duties as required.
- The individual must be self-reliant with a strong sense of self-motivation, possess good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to lead and direct activities of others.
- This individual understands and applies financial, accounting, business, risk and project management theories and methodologies.
- Knowledge of financial modeling, accounting, risk management, project management information systems, engineering economics, capital investment analysis techniques, plant accounting, tax and capital budgeting.
- Individual will require a good understanding of corporate strategies and initiatives along with a thorough understanding of the Transmission organization.
- Ability to monitor and analyze cost and scheduling information, provide forecasts, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Demonstrated high competence in past assignments.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Accounting, Finance, Business, equivalent degree or equivalent experience
- MBA or equivalent education highly desirable
- Three to five (3-5) years of related experience with 2 years of experience in a project management environment
Licenses & Certifications:
- PMP desirable
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Know the business plan and how your role connects to it
- Identify problems, issues; take responsibility for resolution
- Set high standards for self; deliver quality performance
- Raise ideas for improvement
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Follow through on commitments made to manager, colleagues, and customers.
- Address difficult or controversial issues and encourage others to do the same.
- Have honest dialogue with others
Manage and Develop People
- Set performance goals that align with department and company goals
- Meet regularly with your supervisor/manager to discuss your performance
- Seek opportunities to develop skills and gain knowledge through on the job opportunities, i.e. working on projects, attending meetings, etc.
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Work collaboratively within and across the organization to achieve “One Company” and other goals
- Recognize and address cross functional implications of your work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Incorporate the diverse ideas and perspectives of team, colleagues, and customers in your work
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve business performance and customer service.
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to support changes in priorities and work processes
Focus on the Customer
- Deliver superior service to our customers, both internal and external, in a reliable, attentive, courteous, quality, proactive and timely manner
Please submit a resume with your application.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs