Eversource Energy Program Manager, Process Improvement in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
In this role you will, Lead a team in the process improvement and incident investigation activities in connection with the Gas Business Unit. Oversee project team members, subject matter experts, and other Eversource departments to develop and implement plans associated with Process Improvement Programs. Responsible for supporting all Gas operating companies.
- Leads a team involved in Gas Process Improvement Activities.
- Oversees the Gas Business Incident Analysis (IA) Program including championing OM-090, tracking of all IA activities, monitoring, and reporting process IA action item status and closure.
- Interacts with various levels regarding Incident Analysis (IA), resulting outcomes and follow up action items.
- Responsible for the Taproot IA program including budgeting, software licenses, training plan, coordinates and interacts regularly with Company subject matter experts, e.g., PSMS (Pipeline Safety Management System), QA (quality assurance), QC (quality control), Safety, Operations, Training, Engineering and/or others as needed, to continually identify process improvements to assist the Gas Business in moving toward a zero-incident culture.
- Maintains knowledge of industry best practices, trends, industry-related regulatory and legislative changes impacting the gas business.
- May represent Eversource Gas through membership in committees focused on compliance, process safety and process improvement both internally and externally, such as for the Northeast Gas Association and the American Gas Association.
- Implements and monitors process improvement metrics.
- Executes process improvement reviews, Process Hazard Analysis (core risk-based tasks and complex projects).
- Establishes and maintains Safety Engagement Team (SET) coordination and organization.
- Leads human performance initiatives with in the Gas Business; reviews gaps and develops plans to prevent incidents.
- Leads, coordinates, and assigns team members to incident investigation teams for incident analysis.
- Oversees the gas event hazard ID program and Near Miss Program ensuring prompt follow-up and accurate reporting.
- Develops and maintains the lessons learned program, communication and tracking of internal and industry incidents.
- Provides Process Safety Management (PSM) support to Gas Operations; develops and conducts training on PSM processes.
- Supports Process improvement metric generation, including interpretation of data, and seeks to identify problems and opportunities for improving process safety performance.
- Ability to provide insight and perform detail-based analysis.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with employees, contractors, customers, municipal officials, business organizations, environmental groups, and community-based organizations.
- Understanding of Federal and state (CT and MA) compliance requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Process Safety, Engineering, Business Management, Administration, Accounting/Finance, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Five (5) plus years of utility or related industry experience.
- Process Safety Project Management and/or Compliance and Risk Management experience preferred
JOIN OUR TEAM!
Eversource is recognized as one of the top utilities in the country specializing in energy efficiency solutions for our customers. Our team of energy experts work with residents, businesses, designers, and contractors across New England to advance clean energy solutions. We provide our customers with the expertise necessary to improve comfort, increase business performance, and lower energy costs. We are building the region’s premier energy efficiency team and are seeking candidates from diverse backgrounds.
Serving more than 3.6 million electric and natural gas customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire, and employing a workforce of more than 8,000 New Englanders, Eversource represents one unified company across three states.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs