Eversource Energy Material Analyst in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
The Material Coordinator reports to the Procurement Category Lead and supports major transmission capital project work by tracking and expediting project materials purchased by Eversource Requires ongoing cross-functional collaboration with many different internal organizations including Project Management, Engineering, Planning & Scheduling, Strategic Sourcing, Material Planning and Inventory Management, as well as daily outreach and communication with external vendors.
- Attends project team meetings as necessary and effectively communicates project material status updates
- Tracks lead times for major material with various vendors and in-house engineering, and provides input into the project schedule-
- Works with Transmission Engineering and Procurement to ensure that all required materials are ordered
- Coordinates and expedites materials for transmission construction in support of project management, planning and scheduling
- Communicates regularly with vendors and creates/maintains material status reports to provide updates and feedback to the project team-
- Utilizes ERP system and available reporting tools to coordinate receipt, storage, release, and replacement of transmission system spare parts and construction materials-
- Functions as the primary point of contact with the project team and the field construction representatives
- Participates in disposition of excess materials upon project completion-
- Collaboration, Initiative, Organizational Skills, Effective Communication Skills, Thoroughness, Decision Making.
- Ability to analyze information
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of computer operations including Microsoft Office suite, with a strong focus on Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Three (3) plus years of experience in Business Administration, Procurement, Materials Management, or Project Management. Utilities industry knowledge preferred.
When you become an Eversource employee, you join a single, united company dedicated to delivering reliable electricity, natural gas, and water to customers across Connecticut, Massachusetts and New Hampshire. The commitment of our approximately 11,000 employees to customer satisfaction ties us all.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource have received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR®, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation and benefit programs, and opportunities for growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs