Eversource Energy Marketing Specialist in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Combine your experience in public relations and a strong writing background to join us in this role focused on customer storytelling in energy efficiency, demand response, EVs, and more. In this marketing position, you will develop opportunities to highlight Eversource Energy Efficiency programs in the media, identify customer success stories, and manage our thought leadership efforts for key individuals in the department.
Our energy solutions help customers in Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire save energy and lower their carbon footprint. You will play a critical role in building awareness and positioning around how these efforts drive real impact in New England. You’ll work closely with the Eversource Media Relations team and both internal and external partners to grow our energy efficiency public relations efforts.
The ideal marketing candidate will demonstrate strong project management skills, experience writing for a wide variety of purposes and audiences, a background working on public relations campaigns, and the ability to articulate a complex message concisely.
Reporting manager: Energy Efficiency, Marketing Supervisor
*Essential Functions: *
- Identify customer success stories for use in a variety of mediums: social media, traditional public relations efforts, media events, video, case studies, and more.
- Develop and deliver a comprehensive thought leadership strategy for the department, including award submissions, speaking engagements, social media management for our leaders, and byline articles.
- Collaborate with the Media Relations and Social Media team to support press inquiries, requests for quotes, social media sentiment, and department PR strategy.
- Grow existing association relationships and event sponsorships and manage development of new opportunities.
Manage a network of external partnerships, including video production, copywriting, agency relationships, and other consultants.
Lead weekly PR calls with representatives from across the department.
- Copy, edit and review a wide variety of written documents and content for the department, from annual regulatory reports and press releases to marketing emails and bill inserts.
- Strong writing and PR background; demonstrated experience in press releases, case studies, article publication, and/or event abstracts preferred.
- Time and project management skills and the ability to prioritize projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Be enthusiastic, a quick-learner and eager
- Excellent organizational skills
Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills to successfully engage, influence, and inspire partners
Proficient/expert-level use of Microsoft Office; Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, Business, Journalism, Sustainability, or relevant degree
- Three (3) plus years of PR or corporate communications experience required
- Agency experience preferred
- Interest in the sustainability, clean energy and/or energy efficiency industries desired
- Proven track record of meeting timelines and prioritizing special projects
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program.
- The annual salary range for this position is$78,000 - $88,000plus incentive.
- Salary is commensurate with your experience.
- Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
JOIN OUR TEAM!
The #1 Energy Efficiency Provider in the Nation, Eversource is empowering a carbon neutral future for the Northeast, with nationally recognized energy efficiency solutions and successful programs to integrate new clean energy resources like solar, offshore wind, electric vehicles and battery storage, into the electric system. As an employee within the energy efficient department, you will find like-minded individuals motivated by their passion for furthering these environmental goals. On this team of energy experts, you and your colleagues will work with business partners across New England to advance clean energy solutions and ultimately provide customers with the support necessary to help them make the places where they live, work, and play more comfortable and less costly to operate and maintain.
When you become an Eversource employee, you join a single, united company dedicated to delivering reliable electricity, natural gas, and water to customers across Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. Our approximately 11,000 employees are tied by our commitment to customer satisfaction.
The energy efficiency solutions provided by Eversource are paving the way for the future having received top honors from national organizations such as ENERGY STAR, American Council for an Energy Efficient Economy, and Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Come make a difference and work for an employer who is a leader in the industry. We have a great working environment, excellent compensation, health insurance and retirement savings benefit programs, and opportunities for professional development and career growth.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs