Eversource Energy Manager, System Resiliency in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
Role and Scope of Position:
The System Resiliency and Reliability Manager provides strategic direction and leadership for continuous System performance, including monitoring and analytics that support Eversource’s goal of providing great customer service during blue sky and grey sky days. During blue sky days, the Manager will lead the team to develop analytics tools for rapid issues detection, monitor assets through an asset management system and condition health reporting and develop system improvement programs in a proactive manner. During grey sky days, the Manager will lead storm performance analytics, develop system resiliency initiatives and programs and work with Engineering and Electric Operations to improve overall performance. The Manager will be responsible for constant evaluation of the system needs (performance and outage drivers) and effectiveness of existing programs, investments and hardening techniques to ensure we are maximizing the expected reliability and resiliency benefits and results. The Individual will take organizational lead of the development of new strategies, techniques and technology, including automation and artificial intelligence (AI), that will result in blue sky and grey sky performance improvement and smarter, more efficient processes that will create measurable program outcomes and continuous improvement.
The Individual will manage the development, execution and monitoring of the following program aspects for Eversource CT, MA and NH: budget, schedule, regulatory filings, data and forensics analysis, reliability measurements, as well as program communication outreach coordination with Communication, Media and Community relations departments.
- Leads the team to develop analytics tools for rapid issues detection, monitor assets through an asset management system and condition health reporting and develop system improvement programs in a proactive manner.
- Leads storm performance analytics, develop system resiliency initiatives and programs and work with Engineering and Electric Operations to improve overall performance.
- Evaluates system needs (performance and outage drivers) and effectiveness of existing programs, investments and hardening techniques to ensure we are maximizing the expected reliability and resiliency benefits and results.
- Develops new strategies, techniques and technology, including automation and artificial intelligence (AI), that will result in blue sky and grey sky performance improvement and smarter, more efficient processes that will create measurable program outcomes and continuous improvement.
- Once Programs are developed, ensures programs are scheduled and completed accurately and effectively, including project planning, engineering, design, procurement and construction activities. Monitors budgets and cash flows to ensure they are on track.
- Responsible for managing the development of several yearly regulatory filings and will ensure compliance with regulatory orders and requirements.
- Coordinate regulatory interrogatories assignments to subject matter experts, answer interrogatories, track responses and ensure information accuracy.
- Leads the team and development of the System Resiliency Program, processes and tools will require dynamic leadership to ensure the chosen framework reflects industry best practices. Oversees, coordinates and facilitates all benchmarking within Eversource’s operating companies and to and from external organizations.
- Lead Distribution Asset Management, including supporting the development of tools and processes.
- Leads team to create tri-state reliability programs to improve performance. Perform cost benefit analysis to determine the positive impact of programs and opportunities for improvement.
- Supports the analysis and tracking of distribution and substation equipment failure reports, performance of additional investigation and testing as necessary, and implementation of necessary corrective measures; supports the coordination of these activities with the engineering, field operations, procurement, material management functions and others; and provides records and statistical reports in support of these activities.
- Collaboratively creates and supports roadmaps for Data Analytics and support of Asset and Grid engineering and performance management
- Supports the development of classifiers and tools leveraging machine learning, data regression, and rules-based models
- Works with SMEs within Eversource and overall industry, to help address the most complex issues
- Integration of schedule, cost and budget data from multiple resources and will analyze progress and forecast year end targets.
- Serves during emergency restoration efforts.
- Thorough knowledge of electric distribution and transmission systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of local, state and national codes, regulations and policies, governing the construction, operation and maintenance of electric systems.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization and with counterparts in outside organizations.
- Ability to think and act strategically in a fast- paced environment with frequently shifting and/or conflicting priorities.
- Ability to strategically and tactically evaluate and implement high-level programs and initiatives.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptive, while collaborating effectively with a variety of groups including organizational leadership.
- Knowledge of the complex industry trends, and advanced solutions
- Capable of working in a multi-cultural environment driving team performance
- Disciplined, structured, and highly committed to the results
- External customer focus
- Working knowledge of accounting, finance, budgeting, database creation and management; ability to create ad hoc reports from database as requested; ability to work accurately and efficiently under pressure; attention to details and ability to recognize problems and discrepancies in information and take appropriate action.
- Demonstrated expertise in the use of software applications for development of decision analysis models.
- Clear and concise written communication skills.
- Strong spoken communication skills, including the ability to make presentations before a variety of audiences.
- Strong mental acuity including the ability to discuss ideas intelligently and be persuasive.
- Extensive analytical skills including the ability to draw sound conclusions and act decisively.
- Project coordination skills.
- Ability and willingness to be a change agent and to initiate and manage change as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required, electrical is preferred. An advanced degree is preferred.
Experience : A minimum of ten (10) years of related experience is required. A minimum of five (5) years of experience in distribution or transmission engineering and operations is preferred. Supervisory and leadership experience is required.
Licenses & Certifications: Professional Engineering License helpful. Valid driver’s license required.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs