Eversource Energy Manager-Substation Engineering & Design (Electric Transmission) in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
Plans, coordinates and manages activities related to the engineering and design of new distribution substations, and the modification and expansion of existing distribution substations. Manages the process for Project Management of Distribution Substation projects through their complete life-cycle, from scope definition through closeout. Provides management for the work of the Substation Engineering and Design Group, in a manner which ensures compliance with safety, budget, and schedule requirements. Functions under the direct management of this position include project management, project services (work order writing, material ordering, project estimation, substation standards, electrical engineering and design, civil engineering and design and drafting. This position also responsible for managing civil engineering and design work associated with Eversource underground distribution system.
- Plans, coordinates and manages the work activities of personnel assigned to the Substation Engineering and Design group.
- Manages the development of engineering and design strategies, substation engineering design criteria, and equipment specifications for distribution substation systems.
- Manages the development and maintenance of project schedules.
- Manages the evaluation of proposed or existing methods, procedures, and new technologies relative to engineering, control and design of substation systems.
- Represents Eversource before Federal, State and Local regulatory bodies and courts of law involving substation engineering and design matters.
- Manages the preparation of regulatory approvals for distribution substations.
- Manages the development of the substation project engineering and design process, and maintenance of engineering, design, construction, equipment, and material specifications, standards, procedures, and guidelines for substation engineering, equipment, and materials.
- Manages the process that provides overall substation project direction and coordination of all disciplines from the start in Engineering through Construction until acceptance by the end users.
- Participates in various state, regional and national organizations involved in standardization of electric distribution substation materials & equipment, specifications and construction designs (e.g., ANSI, IEEE, EPRI).
- Actively supports storm and/or emergency restoration assignments
· Appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to inspire and guide employees toward goal achievement.
· Ability to modify employee behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and unforeseen priorities.
· Ability to multi-task.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable work practices, procedures and safety requirements, along with HR management and business planning skills.
- Detailed knowledge of technical aspects and business principles.
Education: A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is required. A Masters Degree and a Professional Engineering (PE) License are desirable.
Experience : At least ten (10) years of direct engineering experience in substations, distribution and/or transmission engineering or operations. With at least five (5) years in a management and/or leadership capacity is preferred.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor