Eversource Energy Manager of Protection & Controls Engineering in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)The incumbent plans, coordinates and manages activities related to the engineering and design of protective relays and associated systems for the transmission and distribution system in CT/WMA.
- Manage the work activities of personnel assigned to the CT/WMA Protection & Controls Engineering section. Ensures projects undertaken are in accordance with T&D Engineering and Eversource goals and objectives.
- Develop employees through the use of performance management, formal training, coaching, and, as appropriate, rotational assignments.
- Manage the planning and execution of T&D projects involving system protection, controls, SCADA and disturbance monitoring equipment including electrical design, development of setting calculations, setting records, short circuit studies. relay telecommunications design, secondary thermal ratings information, and support for field resources during construction. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Ensures designs and settings are in accordance with regulatory (e.g., NERC, NPCC, ISO-NE) and Eversource standards, directories, and procedures.
- Support P&C system reliability improvement efforts by ensuring identified corrective actions are taken and support proper reporting internally and externally.
- Manages the writing of the protection system contributions to engineering descriptions and operating instructions. Ensure documents are accurate and are prepared in a timely manner.
- Strong knowledge of protective relaying
- Detailed knowledge of transmission and distribution power systems engineering and operation
- Supervisory and business planning skills
- Working knowledge of information technology and the use of Eversource office automation and information systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Degree in Electric Power Engineering is preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years related experience with P&C engineering is preferred
- At least three years of experience in management or leadership capacity preferred
- PE License preferred
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs