Eversource Energy Manager, Enterprise Application Services in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)
The Manager of Enterprise Application Services will report to the Vice President of Enterprise Business Solutions and will be focused on increasing and improving the consistency and effectiveness of how IT delivers application support services and business process improvement.
• Application Portfolio Support Services: Works closely with IT Product Center Managers and Directors across the various application portfolios to consistently deliver and improve application monitoring, automation, SLA reporting, and application portfolio risk management. Works with the Technical Services and Enterprise Architecture teams to establish and drive standardization for tools and process in the delivery of the application support services. Provides monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on application performance and application portfolio risk.
• Business Analyst Services Improvement: Works closely with the Business Solutions Managers (BSM) and Directors across the various application portfolio to deliver and improve our business analyst services and business prioritization council (BPC) process. Oversees the overall Application Development (AD) budget and works with the various BSMs to maximize the value delivered to our business partners. Oversees the development, delivery, and promotion of additional services including Design Thinking and Lean process improvement.
Application Portfolio Support Services
- Works closely with Product Center Managers and Application Directors to manage and oversee the effective performance monitoring of key and critical applications and supporting infrastructure. Identifies gaps in monitoring service, develops plans to close those gaps, and manages the delivery of those services.
- Oversees the implementation and management of “self-healing” automations.
- Works with internal IT and Third-Party Support vendors to ensure the effective use of the monitoring tools and coordinates the appropriate training when required.
- Identifies application performance issues and works with the appropriate IT stakeholders to resolve issues.
Responsible for overall application portfolio risk management and works closely with the Product Center Managers to identify and mitigate risks.
Managers and monitors service level agreements (SLA’s) across the application portfolios supported by IT.
- Develops and maintains required reporting and dashboards focused on application performance, SLA adherence, and application risk management.
- Develops communications to ensure that IT stakeholders are kept informed about IT’s application service performance and risk.
Business Analyst Services Improvement:
- Works closely with the various application portfolio BSMs to build and deliver consistent and effective business analyst services. This will include the processes and tools required to deliver these services.
- Establishes and oversees the business prioritization process for the purpose of setting priorities for resources assigned to specific business system applications. Manages the AD budget and works across the portfolios to prioritize the enhancements that deliver the greatest value to our business.
- Establishes and delivers BSA training across the portfolios and continually looks to improve the maturity of the organization and associated services.
- Manages the review of all IT Project Authorization Forms (PAF) to ensure quality and consistency, and partners with the IT Project Management Office and Finance to improve the process.
- Establishes and delivers new services, including Design Thinking and Lean Process Improvement.
- Demonstrated ability to lead effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Proven ability to lead change and be a change agent
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Ability to clearly communicate with at all levels of the organization
- Ability to set priorities and focus on appropriate roadblocks that hinder the organization’s goals, knowledge and experience
- Proven experience coordinating and working cross-functionally across various IT and business departments.
- Strong workload management skills
- Experience with Agile preferred.
- Knowledge of trends in technology relating to software applications.
- Demonstrable ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) to twelve (12) years business and technical experience. Utility experience regarding business processes and technology solutions preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs