Eversource Energy Manager, Distribution Projects and Programs in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
This position, in conjunction with other areas, shares accountability for optimizing the cost and performance of distribution system.
Primarily responsible for the overall implementation of engineering strategies. Responsible for managing, leading, coaching and evaluating the performance of the engineering team members to enable the organization to successfully meet its goals and objectives. The manager plays a critical role in developing and managing a consistent strategy amongst engineers to ensure optimization of the distribution system. Responsible for ensuring timely response in support of, root cause analysis, and follow up on, system events. In addition, this position is responsible for the development and cost justification of programs and projects for inclusion in the Life Cycle Plan, a long-term plan for the asset base.
- Manages the area by establishing and monitoring area goals, policies, plans, programs, performance objectives and budget. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement programs and policies. Establishes operating and financial objectives and aligns with department goals. This role is responsible for management of area financial resources.
- Oversees the management and development of area staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical and behavioral skills required to support operating plans. Manages, selects, coaches, and develops area staff.
- Develops system infrastructure strategy, operating philosophy, and technical basis for renewal decisions that include economic life determination and associated risk profiles.
- Develops and manages the preventive maintenance optimization process.
- Accountable for the evaluation, prioritization and selection and coordination of equipment and technology for the system.
- Accountable for the development, maintenance and management of construction and design standards, work procedures, and operating procedures for Electric Operations.
- Collaborates with other managers within Engineering to ensure consistency and teamwork.
- Accountable for developing, implementing, and communicating the Life Cycle Plan for Eversource as it relates to system assets.
Responsible for the engineering design and drafting of life cycle plan projects for distribution system assets.
Provides technical support to operating areas and dispatch relative to system priorities, engineering guidelines and equipment operations and operating decisions during normal and emergency situations.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years in operations including previous managerial experience.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and the ability to play a leadership role in performance improvement efforts.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing, and presenting.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities, where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Approved By: ________________________________ Date:________________________________
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment.If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after a decision has been made about whether or not to make you a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws requiring reasonable accommodation.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs