Eversource Energy Manager Corporate Procurement in Berlin, Connecticut
Job Description Summary:
This position is responsible for leading the procurement strategic sourcing, category management and supplier relationship management processes across a portfolio of multiple categories. Provides oversight of the procurement process and compliance to company policy and procedures.
- Develops and manages an annual procurement plan and multi-year portfolio strategy that aligns with strategic vision, business forecast/objectives and annual financial plan. Oversees annual review of supplier value analysis/cost reduction opportunities with the supplier base. Ensures short, medium and long term strategy for supplier management strategic direction.
- Develops supplier segmentation model for the portfolio: (Strategic, Preferred, Approved). Identifies strategic partners capable of meeting the business needs now & future. Ensures continuity of supply through a strategic supplier base.
- Improves procurement processes and applies latest thinking in the areas of strategic sourcing, cost modeling, supplier relationships development and total cost of ownership.
- Leadership for identified portfolio of categories and strategic initiatives to maximize value in areas of cost, quality, innovation across Procurement.
- Organizational design, talent acquisition, development, succession planning. Identifies, leads and develops high performing, results focused teams. Responsible for the team’s quality, delivery and reporting against all identified key performance metrics.
- Provides functional skill set leadership and mentoring to both the procurement function and business partners.
- Delivers procurement vision and communication of vision to procurement staff and business partners.
- Engages with business partners at senior levels to understand business strategic direction, priorities, challenges and risks. Builds relationships and gains alignment across the corporation.
- Drives supplier consolidation, bundling initiatives to move volume to identified strategic suppliers.
- Effectively leverages category spends across areas of the company.
- Oversees key negotiation strategies and vendor disputes. Procurement or company lead on escalated supplier issues.
- Ensures risks are identified, and risk mitigation plans are in place.
- Oversees in-depth industry analysis to uncover key driving behaviours of the suppliers and markets relating to the category portfolio. Ensures the development and review of market intelligence for assigned portfolio.
- Oversees the procurement process and compliance to company policy and procedures. Responsible to develop new and enhance existing processes to meet needs of internal and external controls.
Technical Knowledge/Skill: Purchasing knowledge, expertise in the category area. Full understanding of purchasing and inventory systems. Solid understanding of business, financial principles, benchmarking, process improvement methods. Ability to design, sell, lead and implement change. Advanced problem solving, decision making, and influencing skills. Advanced negotiation skills. Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal skills.
Demonstrated ability to manage complex and or critical internal and external relationships requiring diplomacy, political savvy. Advanced cross functional, program management,
(PMO Level) skills and techniques. Expert analytical & MS Office (Word, Excel,
Education: Requires a Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
Experience: Minimum of ten (10) years related experience. Experience re-engineering, implementing continuous improvement processes.
Licenses & Certifications: Certified Purchasing Manager (C.P.M.), Six Sigma, Lean, Process or Project Mgmt. certifications desirable
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor