Eversource Energy Manager, Asset Management, Gas Operations in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for the efficient management and maturation of the Gas Asset and Risk Management Program (GARMP) and any temporary or targeted risk management efforts across the Company, especially during the transition period of integrating EGMA into the Company. Responsible for Gas Distribution risk management activities including assessment and mitigation activities based on industry recommendations and best practices. Ensures effective interfacing and collaboration with other key internal processes and business areas such as Pipeline Safety Management System (PSMS), Gas Safety and Process Safety, Enterprise Risk Management, capital budget development, etc. Recognized as having technical expertise in risk management principles, gas engineering design, construction standards, 49 CRF Part 192 code requirements, state regulatory requirements (MA DPU and CT PURA) and gas operating procedures and standards.
- Develops and ensures effective implementation of risk-based investments and mitigation programs.
- Assesses, evaluates, and ranks risks across all the Eversource gas assets.
- Develops and improves risk assessments, including quantified risk scoring and the common risk register for all asset families.
- Develops and manages interpretation, tracking and incorporation of risk assessments, mitigation plans, and risk-based investments across the Company.
- Promotes the GARMP to provide appropriate integrated planning to optimize organizational improvement.
- Ensures engagement with groups throughout the Company to emphasize safety and risk reduction efforts.
- Responsible for improving GARMP maturity and achieve ISO 31000 standard.
- Improves quality of individual GARMP program elements, including integrity assessments, data collection and analysis, performance tracking, asset replacement reviews, resource planning, records management, and fitness for service reviews.
- Monitors, assesses impact of, and communicates new risks and mitigation plans.
- Participates in and leads cross-functional teams working on new mitigation plans and their implementation.
- Participates in industry groups where proposals and industry issues are discussed.
- Promotes a safety culture of learning, continuous improvement, and compliance with federal and state laws and regulations.
- Evaluates and recommends changes to company specifications and procedures for risk reduction potential.
- Implements best practices to achieve efficient and effective risk management and asset management activities.
- Manages any internally or externally required programs which directly impact risk to the Company and/or its assets, such as the CMA (Columbia Massachusetts)/EGMA Safety Assessment.
- Effectively integrates EGMA assets into the GARMP.
- Coordinates with other internal business groups and programs to ensure effective implementation of business strategies and programs in areas related to risk and safety.
- Participates in or leads committees or meetings focused on risk and asset management, both internally and externally, such as for the Northeast Gas Association and the American Gas Association.
- Manages the department by establishing and monitoring area goals, policies, plans, programs, performance objectives and budget. Analyzes and recommends resource levels to plan, develop and implement programs and policies. Establishes operating and financial objectives and aligns with department goals. Manages area financial resources.
- Oversees the management and development of area staff. Assesses the need for, and oversees implementation of, programs to ensure employees possess technical, interpersonal and organizational skills required to support operating plans. Supervises, selects, coaches and develops area staff.
- Ensures that safe work practices are followed, and the environment is fully protected in accordance with Company policy and regulations.
- Requires thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations pertaining to natural gas distribution.
- Requires knowledge of all gas assets and risk management tools and techniques.
- Requires working knowledge and use of Gas Business information and office automation.
- Requires strong administrative, communication and leadership skills.
- Requires ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, business, applied science, related discipline or equivalent experience
- Master’s Degree or MBA preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of gas distribution, engineering or related technical experience required
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing, walking and climbing stairs.
- Includes field visits which may include construction sites, rough terrain and production facilities.
- Job requires traveling to other operating districts and companies within and outside of the state.
Mental Aspects :
- Work includes calculating, comparing, technical writing, editing, planning, evaluating, interpreting, organizing, consulting, analyzing, designing, documenting, specifying, coordinating, implementing, presenting, etc.
- This role works in an environment that often requires the performance of multiple simultaneous activities where deadlines need to be met and work is performed under pressure while involving significant business commitments and results.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Cascade and translate strategies into action plans.
- Communicate goals and priorities (company, department, team); ensure line of sight
- Drive accountability/monitor progress
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty and integrity in all communication and actions
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
- Track commitments and follow-up
Manage and Develop People
- Create individual development plans with direct reports
- Set realistic performance objectives
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Differentiate performance and provide rewards and recognition
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Surface and address competing goals
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between functions
- Conduct teambuilding/development processes
- Encourage collaboration
- Guide team in translating organizational goals into day-to-day work
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Involve employees/seek input in decision making, on continuous improvement ideas and change
- Diversify staff, where possible, in hiring/promotions
- Seek opportunities to utilize diverse suppliers
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully develop and implement changes in strategy, priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
- Act optimistically to influence others to embrace change
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that we have processes in place to deliver on our customer promise and provide superior customer service
- Be a role model for the business on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
- Eversource Energy Jobs