Eversource Energy Lead Program Analyst, Project Control in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Role and Scope of Position:
Responsible for providing leadership and oversight for the developing, programming, and maintaining of Power BI Reports, to report on the performance of the Operations organization with a focus on Transmission and Engineering organizations, to ensure timely and efficient monitoring and analysis of project costs, trends, schedules and transmission and engineering services. In addition, responsible for providing direct supervisory duties and direction to facilitate developing visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards using Power BI Desktop, connecting to various data sources, importing data and transforming data to be utilized for Business Intelligence. Must exhibit excellence in analytical thinking for translating data into informative visuals and reports as well as perform compliance reviews of data for validation of business requirements.
- Provides oversight, leadership, and direction over direct reports over the analyst team in all three states the company operates within.
- Effectively communicates and coordinates with transmission and distribution project managers, project engineers, procurement, planner/schedulers, and other project team members on reporting related matters.
- Works within Transmission and Engineering Project Controls for the development of Power BI Reports, for reporting on the overall effectiveness and performance of internal and external organizations, pulling information from various systems such as Maximo, Power Plan, Access and Oracle Primavera and transforming the data into Power BI desktop tools.
- Works with Transmission and Distribution Engineering, Project Planning and Scheduling, Project Management, Operations, Contract Administration, Procurement, Information Technology, to gather requirements for development of Power BI Reports, in alignment with corporate goals and strategies.
- Gather verbal requirements from business users in meetings and implement programming and development of PowerBI reports as required to support the need of the end users.
- Develops, publishes, and schedules Power BI Reports as per the business requirements. Able to properly understand the business requirements and develop efficient data models based on the described scope and need.
- Responsible for facilitating the development of a variety of complex reports in support of Eversource’s project initiating, planning, scheduling, contracting, executing, controlling, compliance and close-out initiatives within the Transmission and Engineering organizations.
Responsible for overseeing and directing the development of Power BI Reports to report out on key Transmission & Engineering metrics including Contracted Spend, Schedule Performance, Resource Loading, Risk Management, Project Productivity, Change Order Management, Subcontracted Vendor Performance, Internal and External Commercial Performance, and other key metrics that will continue to drive efficiency and transparency for execution of the work.
Facilitates the development of custom visuals for Power BI for executive and leadership use in driving decision making.
- Creates internal and external engineering project level KPIs and project statistics reports to recommend action or to guide decision making driving performance improvement. Establishes new reporting formats and templates in compliance with company and external stakeholder requirements.
- Ability to be available to support storm (ERP) events as required. This position will be supporting the Resource branch across the tri-state area and will need to develop the required storm supports to track internal and external contractors and FTE’s and vehicles.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office, Access, Power BI, SQL Coding Language, Oracle Primavera, Power Plan, Maximo, e-Builder and SharePoint.
- Must have the ability to monitor and analyze cost and scheduling information, provide forecasts, make recommendations, and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Individual must be detailed oriented to catch and fix data errors during validation and demonstrate self-reliance with a strong sense of self-motivation, good communication skills, and demonstrate the ability to work independently.
- Individual must possess knowledge of financial modeling, accounting, risk management, project management information systems, economics, capital investment analysis techniques, plant accounting, tax and capital budgeting.
- Must be able to exhibit a professional demeanor and effectively present to leadership and executive level business users.
- Must have knowledge and experience in prototyping, designing, and requirement analysis.
- Must have knowledge and skills for secondary tools such as Microsoft Azure, SQL data warehouse, SQL server, Advanced Query Tool, PolyBase, Visual Studio, Microsoft workflows, etc.
- Must be familiar with DAX programming language and be able to understand advance level calculations on the data set. Position will be responsible for design methodology and project documentation.
- Must be able to independently analyze and validate data based on business knowledge to ensure accuracy prior to publishing reports.
- Must be familiar with integrating Power BI reports into other applications using embedded analytics like Power BI service (SaaS), or by API automation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics, Information Systems, related discipline or equivalent years of related experience
- Master’s degree education preferred
- 5 years of experience working with a self-service tool, preferably Power BI.
- 5 years of experience working with SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS).
- Experience in data preparation, data gateway and data warehousing projects.
- 3 years of related experience preferred with experience exposure to Project Management, accounting, financial business analysts in a business involved with managing large, complex multi-year projects.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by any employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel will be required to Eversource engineering office locations, project sites and contractor locations
Work is performed primarily in an office environment which requires sitting, standing and general movement throughout the office area.
Mental Aspects : Leadership Behaviors/Competencies:
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs