Eversource Energy Lead Engineer, Distribution Automation in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)Individual will plan, coordinate, and perform engineering assignments (design and implementation) in support of distribution automation projects for Eversource. Individual is responsible for ensuring that the company’s distribution devices are optimally configured to provide the data accurately and timely to support real time systems and operations. Individual will serve as subject matter expert for distribution automation technologies to ensure that Eversource is utilizing the right mix of products and services to meet operational requirements. Individual will collaborate with Field Communications to troubleshoot and commission new field devices that are connected to the electric distribution system at Eversource. Individual will supervise a team of technical SCADA engineering staff to plan, engineer, design, and support the company’s electric distribution system.
- Individual will plan, coordinate, and perform engineering assignments (design and implementation) in support of the installation and commissioning of electric field devices for Eversource.
- Individual will prescribe the DNP settings for field devices including but not limited to: definition of status, control, and measurement points, polling rate, unsolicited event classification
- Issue design settings to field operations for implementation in the field.
- Support lab testing with field communications to ensure design is working properly prior to field implementation
- Troubleshooting events on the distribution system where field device communication is identified to have misoperated
- Supervise engineers responsible for configuration and specification of distribution automation equipment / hardware.
- Understanding of and compliance with requirements and standards set forth by industry organizations and protocols such as IEEE, DNP, modbus etc...
- Comprehensive understanding of the design, specification, and installation of automated distribution field devices such as reclosers, switches, padmount switchgear, RTUs, etc…
- Comprehensive understanding of SCADA engineering concepts, in particular DNP 3.0 protocol
- Strong communications and presentation skills
- Strong ability to organize and coordinate a team to design and build out a project
- Bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering, telecommunications engineering, or related discipline.
- Master of Science degree in engineering or MBA preferred
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the design, implementation, and commissioning of automated field devices on an electric distribution system.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
- Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
Set and Communicate Direction and Priorities
- Communicate priorities and goals (company, department, team)
- Show how employee’s work fits in
- Provide business updates, news
- Communicate, communicate, communicate
Build Trusting Relationships
- Role model honesty/integrity in communication and action
- Balance “getting results” with concern for individual needs
- Have honest dialogue with employees; get to know them
Manage and Develop People
- Set realistic performance objectives and expectations
- Give ongoing, honest feedback; coach for success
- Recognize good performance
- Visit crews in the field
- Remove obstacles to day-to-day performance
- Provide tools, information, training
Foster Teamwork and Cross-functional Collaboration
- Encourage cooperation/remove obstacles between work groups/departments
- Encourage collaboration/peers helping peers
Create a Diverse, Inclusive Workforce
- Ask for employee input on work process/practice improvements and before implementing change that will affect them
- Encourage ideas
- Deliver effective, positive communications about change to your team
- Exhibit a “can-do” attitude to successfully implement changes in priorities and work processes
- Respond positively to new demands or circumstances
Focus on the Customer
- Ensure that everyone on the team understands our customer promise and provides superior customer service
- Be a role model for the team on delivering superior customer service
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs