Eversource Energy IT Supervisor, Security Operations in Berlin, Connecticut
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHmr45H8xZE)This role will function as a IT Security Supervisor over the areas of vulnerability management, security tool operations, and threat detection. This role will be responsible for a team of engineers and will be responsible for making sure that security products and services continue to be well maintained and supported. This role will also oversee analysts responsible for vulnerability management and penetration testing.
This role will function as a IT Security Supervisor over the areas of vulnerability management, security tool operations, and threat detection. This role will be responsible for a team of engineers and will be responsible for making sure that security products and services continue to be well maintained and supported. This role will also oversee analysts responsible for vulnerability management and penetration testing.
- Leads IT Security Analysts and Engineers in strategic goals for the IT Security organization
- Provides leadership and acts as a liaison to IT where operational security issues may arise.
Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities, and operate effectively in a dynamic demand-based environment, requiring extreme flexibility and responsiveness
Partners with SOC and IR teams in the event of a security incident to ensure timely mitigation and remediation efforts are completed
- Creates and maintains proper procedure and control standards.
- Produces high quality oral and written work, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely with audiences ranging from peers to Sr. Management
- Maintains current knowledge with respect to technologies and products both in house and in the market.
Recommends effective changes to enhance defense and response procedures
Drives team to evaluate, tests, and selects security tools and products.
- Strong working knowledge of information systems security standards and practices
- Must be able to demonstrate enterprise tool implementation and maintenance.
Should have a technical background that will allow for basic triage of issues and incidents related to security tools.
Manual or automated penetration testing experience or chaos engineering is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in scripting and automation is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience with a minimum of four (4) years of experience in the field of information security
- Experience with implementing large scale enterprise tools and maintenance
- Knowledge of NIST 800-53/171
- Demonstrated experience in vulnerability management preferred
Demonstrated experience with vendor management preferred.
Demonstrated experience building teams is strongly preferred.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Security certifications related are generally preferred and will be reviewed within the scope of the position
Must be available to work emergency restoration assignment as required.
Must be available to travel between MA/CT/NH as necessary.
- On-Call and need to work off hours
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Eversource requires all new employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by their first day of employment. If you have any concerns regarding compliance with this requirement, you will need to discuss your concerns with Eversource’s HR department after you have been made a conditional offer of employment. Eversource does not require applicants to discuss vaccination status prior to receipt of a conditional offer of employment and complies with all applicable laws.
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.
- Eversource Energy Jobs